Warm-Up Match 1: Scotland U19 v USA U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The first warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Scotland and the USA on January 9 at St Stithians College in Sandton, South Africa. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 1: Scotland U19 v USA U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Squads

Scotland: Katherine Fraser (c), Ailsa Lister (vc)(wk), Molly Barbour-Smith, Olivia Bell, Darcey Carter, Maryam Faisal, Maisie Maceira, Orla Montgomery, Niamh Muir, Molly Paton, Niamh Robertson-Jack, Nayma Sheikh, Anne Sturgess, Emily Tucker, Emma Walsingham

USA: Geetika Kodali (c), Anika Kolan, Aditi Chudasama, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Disha Dhingra, Isani Vaghela, Jivana Aras, Laasya Mullapudi, Pooja Ganesh, Pooja Shah, Ritu Singh, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Snigdha Paul, Suhani Thadani, Taranum Chopra.

Players to Watch

Molly Barbour-Smith: 

She is a talented batting all-rounder from Scotland. She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler. She has also represented Middlesex at the county level. She will hold the key to Scotland’s success.

Olivia Bell: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm off-spinner who has already played international cricket for Scotland’s senior women’s team. She made her debut last year. In her only T20I, she has claimed one wicket.

Aditi Chudasama: 

A promising all-rounder from the USA, Aditi is a right-handed batter and a right-arm seamer. She has played a lot of age-group cricket, including U15 tournaments in the USA. Her contributions with both bat and ball will be important for her team.

Disha Dhingra: 

She is a bundle of talent who has already featured in eight T20Is for the USA senior women’s team. She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm medium-pacer. She has the best score of 23. She can open the batting and bowling.

Also Read:  Nominees for ICC Women's Emerging Cricketer of the Year 2023

Pitch

It will be the first game of the tournament at the venue. Expect a fresh wicket that will be hard and produce plenty of runs. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards. Given the morning start, the fast bowlers could get some help in the first hour of play.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy and comfortable. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 27 degrees Celsius. There will be a 26 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Ailsa Lister, Anika Kolan, Disha Dhingra, Molly Barbour-Smith, Olivia Bell, Aditi Chudasama, Darcey Carter, Nayma Shaikh, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Geetika Kodali, Katherine Fraser

Match details

Date: January 9, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: St Stithians College in Sandton, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here