Match 1: Northern Superchargers v Oval Invincibles | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The second edition of the Hundred Women’s Competition will kick start from August 11 in England. A total of 26 matches will be played with the finals scheduled on September 3 at the Lord’s. Eight teams, namely, Birmingham Phoenix, London Spirit, Manchester Originals, Northern Superchargers, Oval Invincibles, Southern Brave, Trent Rockets, and Welsh Fire will take part in this exciting battle.

The inaugural season which was played last year saw Oval Invincibles led by South Africa’s Dane van Niekerk clinching the championship. The reigning champions will take the field in the tournament opener to defend their title.

The first match of the Hundred Women’s Competition 2022 will be played between Northern Superchargers and Oval Invincibles on August 11 at the Kennington Oval in London. The match will start at 11PM IST.

Match 1: Northern Superchargers v Oval Invincibles | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Squads

Northern Superchargers: Hollie Armitage, Alice Davidson-Richards, Alyssa Healy, Bess Heath, Beth Langston, Katie Levick, Kalea Moore, Jemimah Rodrigues, Liz Russell, Linsey Smith, Laura Wolvaardt, Jenny Gunn, Lucy Higham, Heather Graham, Bethany Harmer, Rachel Slater

Oval Invincibles: Lauren Winfield-Hill, Alice Capsey, Grace Gibbs, Danielle Gregory, Shabnim Ismail, Sophia Smale, Marizanne Kapp, Dane van Niekerk, Mady Villiers, Aylish Cranstone, Emily Windsor, Eva Gray, Kira Chathli, Suzie Bates, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Kirstie White 

Players to watch out for

Jemimah Rodrigues: 

The right-handed batter from India had a good outing in the recently concluded Commonwealth Games. Also, she was the second highest run getter in the Hundred Women’s Competition 2021 with 249 runs in seven matches for Northern Superchargers, including the best of 92 not out.

Also Read:  What led to the disappointing debacle for Host New Zealand in World Cup 2022?

Laura Wolvaardt: 

She is a prolific right-handed batter from South Africa. In the last year’s Hundred, she mustered 181 runs in seven matches, including the best of 75 not out. She is likely to either open the batting for Northern Superchargers or come in at number three. Apart from her batting, she is known for being an excellent fielder.

Suzie Bates: 

The right-handed opening batter of New Zealand is the highest run scorer in women’s T20I cricket with more than 3500 runs. She is an experienced campaigner, who is likely to open the batting for the defending champions, Oval Invincibles. She can also roll her arm over to bowl right arm medium pace.

Alice Capsey: 

Filling the big boots of Heather Knight in the recently concluded Commonwealth Games, this right-handed top order batter of England has taken the world by storm with her brilliant batting abilities. In the last year’s Hundred, she featured in all 10 matches for Oval Invincibles and scored 150 runs in eight innings at a strike rate of 126.

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. Last year, out of the five matches played as a part of the Women’s Hundred, teams batting first and teams batting second won two matches each with one match getting abandoned. The average first innings score is 116 and the average second innings score is 110. Expect a high scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 32 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be zero percent with just one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast. 

Also Read:  Preview: 1st ODI – South Africa vs West Indies Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Alice Capsey, Jemimah Rodrigues, Laura Wolvaardt, Suzie Bates, Dane van Niekerk, Heather Graham, Marizanne Kapp, Beth Langston, Linsey Smith, Shabnim Ismail 

Match details 

Date: August 11, 2022

Time: 11 PM IST

Venue: Kennington Oval, London

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here