2nd T20I: Ireland vs Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following Sri Lanka’s convincing 7-wicket win in the 1st Twenty20 International (T20Is) in a chase of 146, hosts Ireland face a must-win in the 2nd and final T20I of the series on the 13th of August 2024. The game will be played at Pembroke Cricket Club, Dublin, and live action commences at 8:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I Ireland vs Sri Lanka
2nd T20I Ireland vs Sri Lanka

Squads:

Ireland – Laura Delany, Ava Canning, Christina Coulter Reilly, Alana Dalzell, Amy Hunter, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Una Raymond-Hoey, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell

Sri Lanka – Vishmi Gunaratne, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Hasini Perera, Kavisha Dilhari, Nilakshi Silva, Anushka Sanjeewani, Kawya Kavindi, Udeshika Prabodhani, Achini Kulasuriya, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Inoshi Fernando, Shashini Gimhani, Ama Kanchana, Kaushini Nuthyangana

Players to watch out:

Laura Delany

The 31-year-old all-rounder in T20Is has accumulated 1,313 runs from 90 innings, while from 95 bowling innings, she has taken 85 wickets, with bests of 70* and 4/12. Fresh off a promising domestic season, Laura returned figures of 1/15 (2) and scored a fine 25 (21) in the T20I series opener before being run out. She can be banked upon for another all-round effort in this must-win match.

Arlene Kelly

The 30-year-old pacer, averaging 13.59 and maintaining an economy rate of 5.87, has secured 54 wickets from 39 outings and registered the best of 5/12, while also being handy with the bat. Arlene stood up to expectations this domestic season, and carrying the momentum into this series, produced figures of 1/26 (3) and wasn’t required much with the bat. She can be counted on for the goods.

Also Read:  Chamari Athapaththu to lead Sri Lanka in 3 ODI and 3 T20Is in Pakistan

Harshitha Samarawickrama

The 26-year-old top-order batter, from 60 T20I innings, has amassed 1,398 runs at an average of 30.39 and a strike rate of 98.24. Harshitha, in her previous campaign, registered scores of 33, 26, and 12, before signing off with a solid 69*. Replicating her recent success in this series, she scored a match-winning 86* in the series opener and can be relied upon to lead the scoring.

Udeshika Prabodhani

The 38-year-old left-arm pacer, from 100 T20I outings, has picked up 80 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 5.48, and registered the best of 3/13. Udeshika has been in notable form in international cricket lately, and in her most recent T20I campaign, she picked up 5 wickets from 4 outings and returned figures of 1/20 (4) in this series opener. She can be trusted to lead the tally.

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image and sign up now:

Stake Cricket Banner

Pitch:

The Dublin wicket provides a balanced playing surface, catering to both batters and bowlers, as evidenced by the average score in the 130s. While batters will enjoy the trueness of the wicket, there will be enough for pacers as well.

Weather:

With clear skies and a minimal chance of rain, the conditions promise a complete game of cricket in Dublin. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 19°C, with moderate winds and 70% humidity.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Hunter, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Gaby Lewis, Orla Prendergast, Vishmi Gunaratne, Laura Delany, Kavisha Dilhari, Arlene Kelly, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Inoshi Fernando

Match details:

Date – August 13, 2024

Also Read:  Watch Highlights: Sri Lanka avoids whitewash with dominant win in final ODI against Ireland

Time – 8:30 PM IST

Venue – Pembroke Cricket Club, Dublin

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on Cricket Ireland’s YouTube channel, and scorecards can be accessed on Cricket Ireland’s match center web portal.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket