Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first ODI of the three-match series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka will be played on June 1 at the Southend Club Cricket Stadium in Karachi.

The three-match ODI series between Pakistan and Sri Lanka kick starts on June 1. This is the second and final leg of the bilateral series. Prior to the ODI series, the two teams locked horns against each other in a three-match T20I series.

It was a lopsided contest as Pakistan whitewashed Sri Lanka 3-0 in the 20-over format. While Pakistan would want to take their T20I form into the ODIs, Sri Lanka on the other hand, would want to bounce back and register their first win of the series going into the first ODI. Also this three-match ODI series will mark the start of the 2022-25 ICC Women’s Championship (IWC) cycle.

Head-to-Head

Pakistan and Sri Lanka have played 30 ODIs against each other with Pakistan winning nine and Sri Lanka winning 21.

Match 1: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Squads

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (captain), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Ghulam Fatima, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz.

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Hasini Perera, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Imesha Dulani, Prasadani Weerakkody, Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Ama Kanchana, Achini Kulasuriya, Inoka Ranaweera, Udeshika Prabodhani, Sugandika Kumari, Sachini Nisansala, Oshadhi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani

Players to watch out for

Bismah Maroof:

The captain of Pakistan is a left-handed batter and a right-arm leg spinner. She has 115 ODIs under her belt. She has scored 2793 runs, including 15 half-centuries, at an average of 28.50. With the ball, she has 44 wickets in 65 innings, including the best of 4-7.

Also Read:  Match 2: Pakistan v Sri Lanka Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Nida Dar:

She is one of the finest bowling all-rounders in the world. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm off spinner. She has featured in 91 ODIs for Pakistan and has mustered 1408 runs in 82 innings, including 10 half-centuries. The wily spinner has 84 wickets in 90 innings, including the best of 4-10.

Chamari Athapaththu: 

The captain of Sri Lanka is the leading run-getter across ODIs and T20Is for the team. The left-handed opening batter has close to 2625 ODI runs, including five centuries and 14 half-centuries. Apart from her batting, she is more than a handy right arm off spinner. She has bagged 23 ODI wickets.

Hasini Perera:

The left-handed batter has been playing international cricket since 2014. She has featured in 32 ODIs and scored 441 runs, including the best of 46. She is one of the experienced campaigners in the side.

Pitch

This venue has hosted just the two women’s ODIs to date. Both the ODIs were played in 2015. Team batting first have won once and team batting second have won once. The highest score achieved here is 214 and the lowest is 123. An exciting contest between bat and ball is expected.

Weather

The weather is expected to be hazy, sunny, and windy. The average temperature will be around 35 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is no chance of rain and just two percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Hasini Perera, Nilakshi de Silva, Omaima Sohail, Sidra Ameen, Bismah Maroof, Chamari Athapaththu, Nida Dar, Anam Amin, Diana Baig, Inoka Ranaweera

Also Read:  2nd ODI: South Africa vs Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Match details

Date: June 1, 2022

Time: 10.00am IST

Venue: Southend Club Cricket Stadium, Karachi

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here