1st ODI: England v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first match of the three-match ODI series between England and South Africa will be played on July 11 at the County Ground in Northampton. The match will start at 6.30 PM IST.

1st ODI: England v South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The ODI series will be played as a part of the multi-format series between England and South Africa. The multi-format series started with a one-off Test that was played from June 27 to June 30 in Taunton. The match ended in a draw.

After the Test, the two teams will lock horns against each other in the white ball competition. The three-match ODI series will be followed by a three-match T20I series.

Head-to-Head

England and South Africa have played 40 ODIs against each other, out of which England have won 30, South Africa have won nine and one match did not produce a result.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (c), Danielle Wyatt, Katherine Brunt, Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Kate Cross, Alice Davidson-Richards, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Amy Jones, Emma Lamb, Nat Sciver, Issy Wong

South Africa: Sune Luus (c), Anneke Bosch, Trisha Chetty (wk), Nadine de Klerk, Lara Goodall, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Marizanne Kapp, Ayabonga Khaka, Lizelle Lee, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Tumi Sekhukhune, Andrie Steyn, Chloe Tryon, Laura Wolvaardt

Players to watch

Natalie Sciver: 

She is the number one all-rounder in the world of women’s ODI cricket at present. This right-handed batter and right arm medium pace bowler has featured in 89 ODIs for England and has scored 2711 runs, including 16 half-centuries and five centuries. With the ball, she has claimed 59 wickets in 79 innings.

Also Read:  England announces Squad for one-off Test against South Africa at Taunton

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The wily left arm English spinner is the number one ODI bowler in women’s cricket. She has 76 wickets in 47 ODIs to her name, including one five-wicket haul and two four-wicket hauls. She has a miserly bowling economy of just 3.71 runs per over. She can bowl with the new ball as well as towards the back end of the innings.

Marizanne Kapp: 

This South Africa all-rounder is world number seven in women’s ODI cricket. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She has a wealth of experience of playing 126 ODIs. With the bat, she has mustered 2220 runs, including nine half-centuries and a century, while with the ball, she has 146 wickets, including one five-wicket haul and four four-wicket hauls.

Laura Wolvaardt: 

She is a right-handed opening batter of South Africa, who is ranked world number four in women’s ODI cricket. In her 77 ODIs so far, she has registered 3039 runs, including 27 half-centuries and three centuries. This prolific batter is technically sound and is more often than not known to provide a good start to the Proteas.

Pitch

The venue has hosted just the three women’s ODIs to date with the last one being played in 2004. Out of the three matches played here, the teams batting first have won two and the team batting second has won one. The average first innings score is 195 and the average second innings score is 128. Expect a high scoring contest as the wicket will be hard and new. The warm conditions will make batting easy.

Also Read:  Match 2: West Indies v South Africa | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm. There will be abundant sunshine in the morning followed by sun and areas of high clouds. The temperature can go up to 29 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 40 percent and the probability of precipitation is just one percent. The wind will blow from the south-west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Tammy Beaumont, Danielle Wyatt, Heather Knight, Laura Wolvaardt, Sophia Dunkley, Marizanne Kapp, Natalie Sciver, Sune Luus, Kate Cross, Shabnim Ismail, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: July 11, 2022

Time: 6.30PM IST

Venue: County Ground, Northampton

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here