Ayushi Soni and Simran Dil Bahadur help Delhi beat Kerala in a thriller match by 8 Runs

On November 1, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group A in Round 4 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Delhi Women's State Cricket Team
Delhi Women’s State Cricket Team

Jharkhand vs Maharashtra – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Jharkhand and Maharashtra locked horns against each other at Maharana Pratap College ground in Dehradun. Batting first, Jharkhand posted a modest score of 143-8 in 50 overs and in reply Maharashtra chased down the target with ease as they completed the formalities in just 35.2 overs, winning the match by five wickets. Jharkhand’s captain Niharika Prasad top scored with 30 runs off 49 balls, hitting three boundaries, while for Maharashtra, skipper Anuja Patil slammed an 86-ball 58 not out, including seven boundaries. With the ball, Mukta Magre was the most successful bowler for Maharashtra picking up 3-18 in her eight overs, including one maiden, while for Jharkhand, Arti Kumari was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-28 in her 10 overs, including two maidens.

Tripura vs Assam – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Tripura and Assam played against each other at Abhimanyu Cricket Academy in Dehradun. Batting first, Assam posted a respectable score of 209-6 in 50 overs and in reply Tripura were bowled out for 182 in 47.5 overs, losing the match by 27 runs. Assam’s wicket-keeper bat Sapna Choudhary (71) and Rashmi Dey (59) were the two half centurions, while for Tripura, opening bat Jhumki Debnath (59) was the lone half centurion. With the ball, Rita Debbarma was the most successful bowler for Tripura picking up 2-29 in her five overs, while for Assam, Rashmi Dey was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 4-42 in her 10 overs, including one maiden.

Also Read:  Sneh Rana's 61* and Ramyashri's 2 Wicket help Railways beat Tamil Nadu by 8 Wickets

Delhi vs Kerala – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Delhi took on Kerala at Tanush Academy Ground in Dehradun. Batting first, Delhi posted a competitive score of 193-8 in 50 overs and in reply Kerala were bowled out for 185 in 49.3 overs, losing the match by just eight runs. Delhi’s middle order pair of Ayushi Soni (50) and Simran Dil Bahadur (70) hit scintillating half-centuries, while for Kerala, opening bat Akshaya Sadanandan (49) was the top run getter with the bat. With the ball, Kerala’s Minnu Mani struck with 4-38 in her 10 overs, including a hat-trick, while for Delhi, Parunika Sisodia was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 3-35 in her 10 overs, including one maiden.

Maharashtra, Assam and Delhi have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here