Ayushi Soni’s 50 and and Simran Dil Bahadur’s 59 help Delhi beat Tripura by 5 Wickets

On November 3, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group A in Round 5 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Jharkhand vs Kerala – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Jharkhand and Kerala locked horns against each other at Maharana Pratap College ground in Dehradun. Batting first, Jharkhand were skittled out 98 in 41.4 overs and in reply, Kerala chased down the target in just 26.5 overs, winning the match by seven wickets. With the bat, Jharkhand’s Sonia Radhe Shyam top scored with 32 runs off 75 balls, including four boundaries, while for Kerala, Drishya Vasu Devan led the run chase mustering an unbeaten 33 off 52 balls, including half a dozen boundaries. Kerala’s Minnu Mani was the most successful bowler accounting for 4-12 in 7.4 overs, including two maidens, while Jharkhand’s Arti Kumari was the pick of the bowlers for her team claiming 2-18 in her 10 overs, including three maidens.

Brief Score: Jharkhand 98 all out in 41.4 overs (Sonia 32; M Mani 4-12) lost to Kerala 102-3 in 26.5 overs (Drishya 33 not out; A Kumari 2-18) by 7 wickets

Tripura vs Delhi – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Delhi Women's State Cricket Team
Delhi Women’s State Cricket Team

Tripura and Delhi played against each other at Abhimanyu Cricket Academy in Dehradun. Batting first, Tripura posted 181-8 in 50 overs, riding on Rizu Saha’s 49 off 103 balls and Indra Rani Jamatia’s 39 off 60 balls. In reply, Delhi chased down the target with ease completing the formalities in 48.2 overs with five wickets in hand, thanks to twin half centuries from Ayushi Soni (50 not out off 79 balls) and Simran Dil Bahadur (59 not out off 79 balls). The duo put together 109 runs for the fourth wicket. With the ball, Delhi’s Parunika Sisodia was the pick of the bowlers as she claimed 3-33 in her 10 overs, including one maiden, while Tripura’s Nikita Debnath was the most successful bowler for the team accounting for 2-31 in her 10 overs, including two maidens.

Also Read:  Senior Women’s One Day Trophy 2021-2022 | Squad | Schedule | Fixtures

Brief Score: Tripura 181-8 in 50 overs (R Saha 49; P Sisodia 3-33) lost to Delhi 184-3 in 48.2 overs (S Bahadur 59 not out; N Debnath 2-31) by 5 wickets

Assam vs Maharashtra – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Assam took on Maharashtra at Tanush Academy Ground in Dehradun. Batting first, Assam were bundled out for 120 in 46.4 overs and in reply Maharashtra achieved the target in 29.1 overs, winning the match by eight wickets. Uma Chetry top scored for Assam, with 31 runs off 62 balls, including four boundaries and a six, while for Maharashtra, it was Tejal Hasabnis, who was the top performer with the bat piling up an unbeaten 52 off 73 balls, including six boundaries. With the ball, Maharashtra’s Anuja Patil and Maya Sonawane scalped three wickets apiece, while Assam’s captain Nirupama Baro, who opened the bowling scalped 2-23 in her six overs.

Brief Score: Assam 120 all out in 46.4 overs (U Chetry 31; A Patil 3-4, M Sonawane 3-12) lost to Maharashtra 123-2 in 29.1 overs (T Hasabnis 52 not out; N Baro 2-23) by 8 wickets

Kerala, Delhi and Maharashtra have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here