Meghalaya’s Ajima Sangma took 5 Wicket to beat Bihar by 22 Runs

On October 31, three matches were played among six teams of the Plate Group in Round 3 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

BCCI Logo
BCCI Logo

Jammu & Kashmir vs Nagaland – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Jammu & Kashmir and Nagaland locked horns against each other at the JU Second Campus, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Jammu & Kashmir posted 143-7 in 50 overs and in reply Nagaland was bundled out for a paltry 84, losing the match by 59 runs. For Jammu & Kashmir, Nadia Chowdhary top scored with an unbeaten 40 off 86 balls with Sheerazah Banoo mustering 26 runs off 65 balls. For Nagaland, Gautami Naik and Kiran Navgire scalped two wickets apiece. While chasing, Nagaland’s Gautami Naik top scored with 24 off 26 balls. For Jammu & Kashmir, Bismah Hassan wrecked havoc with the ball as she accounted for 4-28 in her 10 overs. Skipper Sandhya Balkar struck with 3-15 in 8.2 overs.

Bihar vs Meghalaya – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Bihar took on Meghalaya at the 22 Yards, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Meghalaya was bowled out for 176 in 49.1 overs. Rajni Lodhi scored a brilliant half century in 78 balls to help her side reach a competitive score. Bihar bowlers Apurva Kumari, Nivedita Bharti and Aarya Seth were the pick of the bowlers for their team picking up two wickets each. In reply, Bihar was all out for 154 in 46 overs, losing the match by 22 runs. Yashita Singh top scored with 30 runs off 65 balls. Meghalaya’s Ajima Sangma was the wrecker-in-chief as she accounted for 5-22 in her eight overs.

Also Read:  Sneh Rana's 61* and Ramyashri's 2 Wicket help Railways beat Tamil Nadu by 8 Wickets

Manipur vs Arunachal Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Manipur and Arunahcal Pradesh played against each other at Eden Gardens, Kolkata. Manipur handed Arunachal Pradesh a 51-run defeat as they defended the target of 177. Manipur, in the first innings, was all out for 176 in 49.1 overs. Chingkheileima Mangsatabam top scored with 50 runs off 109 balls for Manipur. For Arunachal Pradesh, Shivi Yadav was the most successful bowler as she scalped 3-27 in her 10 overs. In reply, Arunachal Pradesh was bundled out for 116 in 35.5 overs, thanks to Kiranbala Haorungbam’s 4-22 in six overs. Nabam Yapu’s 56 off 100 balls went in vain as her team lost the match.

Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya and Manipur have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here