Jayu Jadeja’s 121 in vain after Baroda’s Tarannum Pathan scored 103 Runs

On October 31, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group E in Round 3 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Baroda Women's Cricket Team
Baroda Women’s Cricket Team

Saurashtra vs Baroda – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Saurashtra and Baroda locked horns against each other at the VCA stadium in Nagpur. Batting first, Saurashtra posted a respectable score of 259-5 in 50 overs and in reply Baroda chased down the target in 49.2 overs, winning the match by six wickets. While Jayu Jadeja’s 121 went in vain, Tarannum Pathan’s 103 not out helped Baroda to win the match. Pathan was also the most successful bowler for Baroda picking up 2-50 in her 10 overs, while for Saurashtra, Neha Chavda was the pick of the bowlers accounting for 2-56 in her 9.2 overs.

Chhattisgarh vs Pondicherry – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Chhattisgarh took on Pondicherry at the VCA stadium in Nagpur. Batting first, Chhattisgarh posted a competitive score of 222-5 in 50 overs and in reply, Pondicherry was bowled out for 191 in 50 overs, losing the match by 31 runs. Chhattisgarh’s Aishwarya Singh and Manpreet Kaur were the twin half centurions, who scored 74 and 63 not out, while for Pondicherry, Bhakti Tamore was the lone half centurion scoring 58 off 85 balls. With the ball, Chhattisgarh’s captain Pransu Priya was the top performer for the team as she struck with 3-22 in her eight overs, while for Pondicherry, Abirame Ramamurthy was the pick of the bowlers as she accounted for 2-40 in her 10 overs.

Also Read:  Tejashwini Duragad's Fifty help Goa beat Vidarbha by 7 Wickets

Karnataka vs Uttar Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh played against each other at Lady Amritbai Daga College Ground in Nagpur. Batting first, Karnataka posted a mammoth 305-4 in 50 overs, thanks to Vrinda Dinesh’s stellar century and couple of half centuries from Shubha Satish (71) and Divya Gnanananda (81). In reply, Uttar Pradesh were restricted to 237-7 in 50 overs. Muskan Malik’s century (105) and Nishu Choudhary’s half century (51) went in vain as their team failed to achieve the target set by Karnataka. For Karnataka, it was Shreyanka Patil and for Uttar Pradesh it was Rashi Kanojiya, who accounted for two wickets apiece.

Baroda, Chhattisgarh and Karnataka have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here