Who is Anushka Sharma who was trending after she scored 72 Runs and took 5 Wickets?

The Women’s U19 One Day Challenger Trophy kicked off on November 2 and in the opening match of the tournament, when India B took on India A at the RCA Academy Ground in Jaipur, India B’s captain Anushka Sharma made headlines, thanks to her all-round performance in the match and the fact that she shares her name with Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma, who is also the wife of Indian cricket team’s captain Virat Kohli.

Anushka Sharma - India B Skipper who scored 72 Runs and took 5 Wickets against India A today.
Anushka Sharma – India B Skipper who scored 72 Runs and took 5 Wickets against India A today.

Batting first, India B posted a respectable score of 221-4 in 50 overs, thanks to Trisha Gongadi (112) and Anushka Sharma (72). The right hand opening bat and right arm off spinner, who is also leading India B plundered 72 runs off 114 balls, peppering the boundary rope eight times, including seven boundaries and a six. After a stellar performance with the bat, she performed brilliantly well with the ball as she scalped 5-18 in her 10 overs, including two maiden overs. Out of the five wickets, she picked up two wickets in one over. With her scintillating all-around performance, she helped India B beat India A by 92 runs.

Netizens went all guns blazing as they were busy creating memes to draw parallels between Anushka Sharma, the cricketer, and Anushka Sharma, the actress. Virat Kohli was also drawn into the memes. Many of them also took to Twitter to tweet about the same.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Anushka Sharma begins training for ‘Chakda Xpress’ in Mumbai
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here