Jasia Akhter’s Century in vain after Dhara Gujjar and Parna Paul scored 92* and 54 for Bengal

On October 31, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group C in Round 3 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Bengal State Women's Cricket Team
Bengal State Women’s Cricket Team

Bengal vs Rajasthan – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Bengal and Rajasthan locked horns against each other at Alur Cricket Stadium in Bengaluru. Batting first, Rajasthan posted a respectable score of 206-8 in 50 overs and in reply Bengal chased down the target in 48.4 overs, winning the match by three wickets. While Jasia Akhter’s century (106) went in vain, the twin half centuries from Bengal’s Dhara Gujjar (92 not out) and Parna Paul (54) came to their team’s rescue. With the ball, Bengal’s Gouher Sultana and Rukmoni Roy were the most successful bowlers as they picked up two wickets apiece, while Rajasthan’s Sonal Kalal was the pick of the bowlers for her side accounting for 3-30 in her 10 overs.

Hyderabad vs Himachal Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Hyderabad and Himachal Pradesh played against each other at Alur Cricket Stadium II in Bengaluru. Batting first, Hyderabad were bundled out for a modest 110 in 34.5 overs, thanks to leg spinner Harleen Deol’s 4-23 in 7.5 overs. Trisha Poojitha top scored with 40 off 55 balls with Keerthi Reddy chipping in with 36 off 73 balls for Hyderabad. In reply, Himachal Pradesh’s Kashish Verma led the run chase scoring an unbeaten 37 off 92 balls, with Sushma Verma contributing 30 off 41 balls. With the ball, Hyderabad’s Bhogi Shravani and Pranathi Reddy accounted for one wicket apiece.

Also Read:  Match 6: Kalighat Club v Rajasthan Club | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Andhra Pradesh vs Punjab – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Punjab took on Andhra Pradesh at Alur Cricket Stadium III in Bengaluru. Batting first, Punjab posted a competitive 231-6 in 50 overs, thanks to twin half centuries from Ridhima Aggarwal (77) and Taniya Bhatia (67). In reply, Andhra Pradesh were bowled out for 151 in 43.3 overs, losing the match by 80 runs. Harpreet Dhillon was the pick of the bowlers for Punjab as she scalped 3-23 in her eight overs. For Andhra Pradesh, Sarayu Pendyala was the most successful bowler as she accounted for 4-35 in her 10 overs.

Bengal, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here