Tejashwini Duragad’s Fifty help Goa beat Vidarbha by 7 Wickets

On October 31, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group D in Round 3 of the senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Goa Women's Cricket team
Goa Women’s Cricket team

Haryana vs Madhya Pradesh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Haryana and Madhya Pradesh locked horns against each other at Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA VDCA Cricket Stadium in Vizag. Batting first, Haryana posted a modest score of 150-8 in 50 overs and in reply Madhya Pradesh chased down the target in just 38.3 overs, winning the match by five wickets. While for Haryana, Sheetal Rana top scored with 30 off 63 balls, for Madhya Pradesh, their captain Pooja Vastrakar was the top performer with the bat mustering 47 runs off 55 balls. With the ball, Haryana’s Amandeep Kaur was the pick of the bowlers for her side scalping 3-27 in her 10 overs, while for Madhya Pradesh, it was Poonam Soni and Priti Yadav, who were the most successful bowlers as they accounted for two wickets apiece.

Gujarat vs Mizoram – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

In a low scoring encounter that was played between Gujarat and Mizoram at Dr P.V.G. Raju ACA Sports Complex in Vizianagaram, Gujarat handed a nine-wicket defeat to Mizoram as they chased down a paltry target of 41 in just 10.2 overs. Batting first, Mizoram were bundled out for a miserly 40 in 36.1 overs, thanks to Muskan Vasava and Krutikaben Chaudhari who accounted for three wickets apiece. For Mizoram, PC Van Sangzuali (20) was the only batter to score in double digits. In reply, Gujarat’s Bhavana Goplani (21 not out) led the run chase and steered her side to an easy win. Rin Mawii was the sole wicket-taker for Mizoram.

Also Read:  Punam Khemnar's 91 help Nagaland chase down Sikkim's 159

Goa vs Vidarbha – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Goa and Vidarbha played against each other at Kandukuri Cricket Academy in Vizag. Batting first, Vidarbha was bowled out for 153 in 46 overs and in reply, Goa achieved the target in 48.1 overs, winning the match by seven wickets, thanks to Tejashwini Duragad’s stellar half-century. For Vidarbha, Disha Kasat top scored with 43 runs off 89 balls. With the ball, Goa’s Nikita Malik and Poorva Bhaidkar scalped two wickets each, while Vidarbha’s Gargi Wankar and Vaishnavi Khandkar picked up one wicket each.

Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Goa have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here