Sabbineni Meghana’s Century, Mithali Raj’s 87 Guides Railway to a victory vs Chandigarh

On October 31, three matches were played among six teams of Elite Group B in Round 3 of senior women’s one day tournament, a domestic competition in India.

Railways Women's Cricket Team. PC: BCCIWomen/Twitter
Railways Women’s Cricket Team. PC: BCCIWomen/Twitter

Railways vs Chandigarh – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Railways and Chandigarh locked horns against each other at Deccan Gymkhana Cricket Ground in Pune. Batting first, Railways posted a humungous 356-4 in 50 overs, riding on Sabbineni Meghana’s scintillating innings of 142 which came off just 121 balls. Mithali Raj also made a useful contribution with 87 runs off 67 balls. In reply, Chandigarh could only manage to score 110 in 42.2 overs. Railways’ bowlers, namely, Meghna Singh, Swagatika Rath, Tanuja Kanwer and Dayalan Hemalatha scalped two wickets apiece, while for Chandigarh, Parul Saini was the pick of the bowlers as she struck with 2-74 in her eight overs.

Odisha vs Tamil Nadu – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Odisha and Tamil Nadu played against each other at PYC Gymkhana in Pune. Batting first, Tamil Nadu were bundled out for 228 in 49.1 overs, thanks to Rasanara Parvin’s 5-45 in nine overs. In reply, Odisha made light work of the chase as they achieved the target in 44.2 overs, winning the match by eight wickets. Sarita Meher (63 not out) and Sushree Dibyadarshini (55 not out) mustered stellar half-centuries to see their side home. With the ball, for Tamil Nadu, Ramyashri Kesava Prasad was the lone wicket-taker as she picked up the two Odisha wickets.

Uttarakhand vs Mumbai – senior women’s one day trophy 2021-22

Uttarakhand took on Mumbai at Azam Campus in Pune. Batting first, Uttarakhand posted a fighting score of 229-4 in 50 overs, thanks to opening bat Nazma’s 74 off 109 balls. Her opening partner, Jyoti Giri chipped in with a useful 48 off 80 balls. In reply, Mumbai were bowled out for 186 in 45.5 overs, losing the match by 43 runs. Middle-order bat Manjiri Gawade top scored with 47 runs off 79 balls for Mumbai. Amisha Bahukhandi was the pick of the bowlers for Uttarakhand as she picked up 3-38 in 9.5 overs.

Also Read:  Open Bidding Process for Teams and Draft System for Players expected for Women's IPL 2023

Railways, Odisha and Uttarakhand have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here