Preview: 3rd place play off – Rwanda vs Nigeria, Squads, Suggested Playing XI, Top picks, Conditions

The last and final day of the seventh edition of the Kwibuka Women’s T20 tournament will see Rwanda taking on Nigeria in the third place play-off at the Gahanga International Cricket Stadium in Rwanda. The match will begin at 9.30am local (1pm IST) on June 12.

Rwanda Women's Cricket Team. PC: Twitter
Rwanda Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Match preview

1) Squads

Rwanda: Delphine Mukarurangwa, Cathia Uwamahoro, Henriette Ishimwe, Marie Bimenyimana, Immaculee Muhawenimana, Gisele Ishimwe, Sarah Uwera (c), Sifa Ingabire, Alice Ikuzwe, Flora Irakoze, Josiane Nyirankundineza, Diane Dusabemungu, Margueritte Vumiliya , Antoinette Uwimbabazi, Belyse Murekatete, Merveille Uwase, Josiane Uwimbabazi, Olive Dusabimana

Nigeria: Samantha Agazuma (c) , Kehinde Abdulquadri, Omonye Asika, Mary Desmond, Joy Efosa, Favour Eseigbe, Blessing Etim, Abigail Igbobie, Miracle Imimole, Piety Lucky, Blessing Nwobodo, Agatha Obulor, Racheal Samson, Esther Sandy, Salome Sunday

2) Players to watch out for – Must-haves in your Fantasy XI

Henriette Ishimwe: The 18-year old all-rounder from Rwanda has contributed both with bat and ball. With the bat, she has scored 46 runs in four innings and with the ball, she has picked up seven wickets in five matches, which is the highest for the team.

Marie Bimenyimana: The 24-year old right-hand bat from Rwanda is the leading run-getter for the team with 59 runs in five innings, including a high score of 31. She is a vital cog in the Rwanda batting line-up.

Salome Sunday: The 19-year old right-hand bat from Nigeria is the top run-getter for her side. This talented youngster has the ability to win matches for her team single-handedly. So far she has scored 77 runs at an average of 19.25, including the best score of 33 not out.

Also Read:  100% Cricket Female Participation Programme Of the Year award goes to Rwanda Cricket

Blessing Etim: The 28-year old right-arm quickie from Nigeria has picked up five wickets in as many games and is the joint highest wicket-taker of the side with Joy Efosa. A lot will depend on her for Nigeria to get the crucial breakthroughs.

3) Suggested Fantasy XI Picks

Sarah Uwera (WK), Samantha Agazuma, Cathia Uwamahoro, Omonye Asika, Henriette Ishimwe (C), Blessing Etim (VC), Salome Sunday, Marie Bimenyimana, Mary Desmond, Joy Efosa, Margueritte Vumiliya

4) Pitch Report

The wicket is expected to be on the slower side that will challenge the batters to score. On the other hand, the bowlers will look to make the most of the conditions and restrict the batting side to a sub-par score.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for all the updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here