3rd T20I: Scotland v Ireland Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third and the final T20I of the three-match series between Scotland and Ireland will be played on September 8 at the Grange Cricket Club in Edinburgh, Scotland. Ireland have taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the series.

3rd T20I: Scotland v Ireland Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the second T20I, batting first, Scotland put together 126/8 in 20 overs, thanks to Saskia Horlia who top scored with 44. On the other hand, for Ireland, Cara Murray was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped two wickets. In reply, Ireland scored 44/1 in five overs to win the match by 16 runs by DLS method. Orla Prendergast muscled an undefeated 17 while for Scotland, Rachel Slater was the solitary wicket-taker.

Head-to-Head

Scotland and Ireland have played 10 T20Is against each other out of which Ireland have won seven and Scotland have won three.

Squads

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Abbi Aitken, Lorna Jack, Ellen Watson, Olivia Bell, Katie McGill, Megan McColl Megan McColl, Sarah Bryce (wk), Ailsa Lister (wk), Abtaha Maqsood, Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Rachel Slater, Hannah Rainey

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Gaby Lewis, Amy Hunter, Rebecca Stokell, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Arlene Kelly, Rachel Delaney, Leah Paul, Mary Waldron (wk), Shauna Kavanagh (wk), Sophie MacMahon, Cara Murray, Georgina Dempsey, Jane Maguire

Players to watch

Saskia Horley: 

The right-handed middle order batter of Scotland starred with the bat in the second T20I against Ireland. She muscled 44 off 33, including three  boundaries and two sixes. She won the player of the match for her brilliant batting performance.

Rachel Slater: 

The left arm speedster of Scotland was the lone wicket-taker for the team in the second T20I against Ireland. She opened the bowling and made good use of the new ball. She bowled two overs, conceded 14 runs and picked up one wicket.

Also Read:  Scotland ends World Cup campaign on a high beating USA by 5 Wickets

Orla Prendergast: 

Coming in at number three for Ireland, the right-handed batter top scored with an unbeaten 17 off eight, including four boundaries in the second T20I against Scotland. Apart from her batting, she contributed with the ball, bowling her full quota of four overs. She opened the bowling with Leah Paul and bowled well with the new ball.

Cara Murray:

The wily right arm leg spinner of Ireland was the most successful bowler for her team in the second T20I against Scotland. She accounted for 20/2 in her three overs. She controlled the middle phase of the innings with her consistent lines and lengths. 

Pitch

This will be the third match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting second have won both the matches. The last match which was a rain reduced affair saw 170 runs being scored. Nine wickets fell in the process. The cloudy conditions and high chance of rain will make the toss important. Bowlers will enjoy themselves at this venue, while the batters may find it difficult to score freely.

Weather

The weather is expected to see periods of rain and a thunderstorm. The maximum temperature attained during the course of the day will be 18 degrees Celsius. There will be 94 percent cloud cover and chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Ailsa Lister, Sarah Bryce, Amy Hunter, Gaby Lewis, Saskia Horley, Orla Prendergast, Arlene Kelly, Laura Delany, Katherine Fraser, Cara Murray, Rachel Slater

Match details

Date: September 8, 2022

Also Read:  1st T20I: Scotland v Ireland Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Time: 5.30PM IST

Venue: Grange Cricket Club, Edinburgh

Live streaming: Cricket Scotland YouTube channel

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here