Preview: Match 8 – Bangladesh vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

The eighth match of the Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Qualifier 2022 will be played between Bangladesh and Scotland on January 23 at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. While Bangladesh have won two out of the two matches in the tournament so far, Scotland have won two out of the three matches.

Preview: Match 8 – Bangladesh vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Match preview

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (c, wk), Rumana Ahmed, Sharmin Akhter, Nahida Akter, Sanjida Akter Meghla, Suraiya Azmin, Fargana Hoque, Fahima Khatun, Murshida Khatun, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Ritu Moni, Sobhana Mostary, Shamima Sultana (wk), Fariha Trisna

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Abbi Aitken-Drummond, Sarah Bryce (wk), Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Lorna Jack, Ailsa Lister, Abtaha Maqsood, Megan McColl, Katie McGill, Hannah Rainey, Charis Scott, Rachel Slater, Ellen Watson

Players to watch out for

Nahida Akter:

The left arm spinner from Bangladesh won the player of the match in her last outing against Kenya. She struck with 5-12 in her four overs. The wily spinner bowled tight lines and lengths to tame the batters.

Ritu Moni:

The right-handed lower middle order bat top-scored for Bangladesh against Kenya. She muscled 39 runs off 34 balls, including three boundaries. She steered her team to go past that 120-run mark in 20 overs. She stitched a 75-run partnership with Salma Khatun (33) for the seventh wicket.

Kathryn Bryce:

The captain of Scotland scored an unbeaten 27 off 19 balls, including four boundaries. She helped her team to post a competitive score of 70-3 in the curtailed match of eight overs a side against Kenya.

Also Read:  It is a long-awaited dream come true for all of us : Nigar Sultana

Katherine Fraser:

The right-arm spinner from Scotland was the pick of the bowlers against Kenya in her last game. Opening the bowling from the other end, she used the new ball well. She scalped 2-17 in her two overs, picking up wickets on two consecutive deliveries.

Pitch

The wicket is good to bat on. Expect plenty of runs here. For the bowlers, it will be daunting to control the batters. It will be important for them to bowl in consistent line and length. Spinners can exploit the slowness of the wicket, given that the pitch could be a used one as the same venue is used for all the matches in the tournament.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly cloudy. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. There is around a 20% chance of precipitation in the latter half of the match. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Abbi Aitken-Drummond, Murshida Khatun, Ellen Watson, Kathryn Bryce, Salma Khatun, Ritu Moni, Rumana Ahmed, Nahida Akter, Katherine Fraser, Abtaha Maqsood

Match details

Date: January 23, 2022

Time: 7am IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Live Score: FanCode

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here