ECB announces England’s squad for the T20I series against India women, Danielle Wyatt Returns

The England and Wales Cricket Board on Tuesday announced the English squad for the T20I series against India women which will begin from July 9 in Northampton.

England Women's Cricket Team complete a 3-0 T20I Series Victory against New Zealand
England Women’s Cricket Team complete a 3-0 T20I Series Victory against New Zealand. PC: englandcricket/Twitter

After drawing the one-off Test match against India and winning the ODI series by 2-1, England has 6 points while India has 4 points. While England will have to WIN only one match to win the multi-format series, India will have to make sure to win all three T20I matches.

ECB announced the 14-member squad which includes all-rounder Danni Wyatt and Mady Villiers, who were not included in the ODI squad while Kate Cross, who took a five-wicket haul against India in the second ODI, and Wicket-keeper batter Lauren Winfield-Hill, who played a significantly important role in the ODI series, have been dropped from the squad and will go back to their domestic duties and will be available for this weekend’s matches of the Charlotte Edwards Trophy.

Head coach Lisa Keightley in an official release said: “We’ve played some good cricket across both the Test and ODIs and we’ve named a strong squad for the IT20 series. It’s 6-4 in the multi-format series and we’re pushing hard to win.”

“We probably weren’t quite at our best in the third ODI so I’d like us to hit the ground running in the first IT20 and be ruthless,” Keightley added.

India won the last ODI against England by 4 wickets in Worcester. After the rain-delayed game, England stepped out to bat but the Indian bowlers made sure not to leak a lot of runs, the Indian bowlers restricted the English women to 219. In the Indian batting inning, things started in a good way for the Indian team, after 2 wickets when raj stepped out, there was no stopping her.  She remained unbeaten at 75 and Sneh Rana too made a significant contribution of 3 boundaries towards the end.

Also Read:  Practice matches for Women's World Cup 2017 announced

Mithali Raj creates World Record. PC: Getty Images
Mithali Raj creates World Record. PC: Getty Images

India will compete in 3 T20Is against England starting on July 9 in Northampton, then the teams will travel to Hove to play their second T20I and the tour and the series will come to an end on July 14 in Chelmsford.

England women’s squad for the T20I series:

Heather Knight, Tammy Beaumont, Katherine Brunt, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Tash Farrant, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Nat Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Mady Villiers, Fran Wilson, Danni Wyatt.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here