Watch Video: Jhulan Goswami reveals how Mithali Raj cracked the toss code

Even though India lost the ODI series to England, the women in blue won the last match against England at Worcester and showed the world what they are capable of. A brilliant inning by the skipper and the bowlers’ joint effort led to India’s victory.

Mithali Raj creates World Record. PC: Getty Images
Mithali Raj creates World Record. PC: Getty Images

In a video released by BCCI on Twitter, Jhulan Goswami revealed how Mithali Raj cracked the toss code after losing around 5-6 tosses in a row, “Our captain, I think after 6 matches, won the toss and we bowled first. In the test match also, we lost the toss, then in the two ODIs we lost the toss and now in the final third one, we won the toss and we won the match as well,” said Jhulan Goswami.

“Before the toss, she was practicing to get the toss right.”

Mithali reacted to this and said, “I go through a lot of pressure when I walk into the field for the toss, whether to call or spin the coin, I am very bad at it. But today, since the match was delayed because of the rain, the video analyst said let’s try, best of ten, and see how many calls you get right. I think even then I just got twice correct in those ten times.”

To see who was better at the toss game, everybody from the team including Goswami, participated in the game. Later in the video, All-rounder Deepti Sharma revealed that Priya Punia won the toss 7 out of 10 times.

Mithali later announced the results saying, “Priya Punia and Jhulan had the best percentage so I thought at one point to take them along for the toss but they say “Umeed pe duniya kayam hain” (hope is what keeps the world alive), so I hoped positive and just went in for the toss.”

Also Read:  Preview: India Women vs England Women Test at Bristol | Squad | Playing XI | Playing Conditions | Toss

The Indian women’s team will play the first T20I against the English women in Northampton on July 9.

Watch full Video here:

Source: BCCI

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here