Match 11 – Aditi Rajesh’s Half-century help Heron Beat Sheen by 5 Wickets

The 11th match of the T20 India Nippon Cup was played between Heron Sports and Sheen Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore, on January 10, in the morning.

Aditi Rajesh receiving her Player of the Match award
Aditi Rajesh receiving her Player of the Match award. Picture Credits: Falcon Sports Club / Facebook

Divya Gnananand, captain of Heron Sports, won the toss and elected to field first. Put in to bat first, the opening pair of Vrinda Dinesh (10) and Jemimah Rodrigues (12) failed to capitalize on the start as they were sent packing in the fifth and ninth over respectively. Monica Patel (1-22) got the better of Vrinda, while Aditi Rajesh (1-14) caught and bowled Jemimah. Coming in at number three was a wicket-keeper bat, Prathyoosha Kumar. Kumar played with grit and determination as she consolidated the innings and scored a delightful unbeaten half-century (59 not off 50 balls). Her innings was laced with nine boundaries. Joining her was southpaw Deepti Sharma, who played a useful knock of 32 not out (31). Kumar and Sharma steered Sheen Sports to 123-2 in 20 overs.

In reply, Heron Sports chased down the target in 19.2 overs, winning the match by five wickets. Just like Sheen Sports, Heron Sports lost their opening pair of Divya Gnananand (11) and Shubha Satish (17) after they got off to starts. Number three batter Minnu Mani (5), who has been in good form, failed to play a big inning today as she was sent back to the pavilion by left-arm spinner Rajeshwari Gayakwad (1-25). Coming in to bat in the fifth over, Aditi Rajesh took the onus of the chase and played a master class innings of 56 944). Aditi struck seven boundaries and a six and was there till the very end to see her team home. For Sheen Sports, skipper Rakshitha Krishnappa was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-16 in her four overs.

Also Read:  Match 5: Prathyusha Challuru's all-round effort guides Kini RR Sports to 22-Run Victory

Heron Sports’ Aditi Rajesh won the Player of the Match award for her match-winning all-round performance. Aditi picked up 1-14 in her four overs and scored an unbeaten 56 off 44.

With 7 points and a higher net run rate than Sheen Sports, Heron Sports is at the top of the table. If in the next match between Kini RR Sports and Ameya Sports, Kini RR Sports wins, then Heron Sports will play Kini RR Sports in the final, and if Ameya Sports wins, then Heron Sports will play Sheen Sports in the final. The teams ranked three and four after the end of 12 matches will play the playoffs (3rd place).

Brief Scores: Sheen Sports 123-2 in 20 overs (P Kumar 59 not out, D Sharma 32 not out, A Rajesh 1-14, M Patel 1-22) lost to Heron Sports 125-5 in 20 overs (A Rajesh 56 not out, S Satish 17; R Krishnappa 2-16) by 5 wickets

Points Table

Position Team Played Won Lost Tied No result Points Net run rate
1 Heron Sports 6 3 2 0 1 7 +0.233
2 Sheen Sports 6 3 2 0 1 7 +0.208
3 Kini RR Sports 5 3 2 0 0 6 -0.011
4 Ameya Sports 5 1 4 0 0 2 -0.628

Updated after Match 11

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here