Match 12 – Punam Raut seals the deal for Kini RR against Ameya Sports

The 12th and the last league match of the T20 India Nippon Cup were played between Kini RR Sports and Ameya Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore, on January 10, in the afternoon.

Challuru Prathyusha, captain of Kini RR Sports, won the toss and elected to bat first. After losing the opening pair of Roshni Kiran (9) and Vellaswamy Vanitha (12), Punam Raut, who came in at number three, took the attack to the opposition. Raut scored a brilliant 47 off 36, smashing three boundaries and a six. The right-hand bat from Mumbai was joined by wicket-keeper bat Nuzhat Parween, who played an equally wonderful inning. Parween packed a punch with a 39-ball 45, striking six boundaries. Raut and Parween stitched a 90-run partnership and helped their side put up a challenging 142-6 in 20 overs. Among the wickets for Ameya Sports were Pooja Kumari (3-49) and Anuja Patil (2-10).

Punam Raut awarded Player of the Match
Punam Raut awarded as Player of the Match. Picture Credits: Falcon Sports Club / Instagram

In reply, Ameya Sports were reduced to 116-5 in 20 overs, losing the match by 26 runs. The opening pair of Thirush Kamini (30) and Veda Krishnamurthy (18) looked solid, however, left-arm spinner Radha Yadav got the better of Krishnamurthy on the last ball of the fifth over. Nikki Prasad (16) and Mona Meshram (17) fought hard but failed to see their side home. Coming in at number five, Anuja Patil scored an unbeaten 18-ball 22, but in the end it was left too much for her to do.  For Kini RR Sports, Shishira Gowda was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-21 in her four overs.

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana, Devika Vaidya, and Tejal Hasabnis to lead in Maharashtra Premier League

Kini RR Sports’ Punam Raut won the Player of the Match award for her match-winning knock of 47 off 36 balls.

The top two teams, that is Kini RR Sports and Heron Sports will play the finals, while Sheen Sports and Ameya Sports will lock horns against each other in the playoffs for third place. Both the matches will be played on January 12.

Brief Scores: Kini RR Sports 142-6 in 20 overs (P Raut 47, N Parween 45; P Kumari 3-49, A Patil 2-10) beat Ameya Sports 116-5 in 20 overs (T Kamini 30, A Patil 22 not out; S Gowda 2-21) by 26 runs

Points Table

Position Team Played Won Lost Tied No result Points Net run rate
1 Kini RR Sports 6 4 2 0 0 8 +0.413
2 Heron Sports 6 3 2 0 1 7 +0.233
3 Sheen Sports 6 3 2 0 1 7 +0.208
4 Ameya Sports 6 1 5 0 0 2 -0.741

Updated after Match 12

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here