Match 4: Jemimah Rodrigues’ 48 Runs power Sheen Sports to an 8 Wicket Win over Ameya Sports

The fourth match of the T20 India Nippon Cup was played between Sheen Sports and Ameya Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore, on January 5, in the afternoon.

Jemimah Rodrigues. Pic Credits: ICC
Jemimah Rodrigues. Pic Credits: ICC

Veda Krishnamurthy, captain of Ameya Sports, won the toss and elected to bat first. Quite contrary to the expectations, Ameya Sports was bundled out for a paltry 102 in 19.1 overs. Apart from opening bat Thirush Kamini (26) and middle-order pair of Mona Meshram (28) and Anuja Patil (16), none of the other batters in Ameya Sports managed to reach a double-digit score. It was Sheen Sports’ skipper Rakshitha Krishnappa, who was the pick of the bowlers, as she scalped 3-18 in her four overs. Sheen Sports bowled well as a unit and did not let loose at any point in time.

In reply, Sheen Sports chasing a modest target of 103, achieved the target in 19 overs, winning the match by eight wickets. Though they were chasing just over 100 runs, Sheen Sports’ batters took their time in the run chase. The opening pair of Jemimah Rodrigues (48) and Vrinda Dinesh (31) stitched a 71 run partnership in 12.2 overs to take the game away from the opposition. Both the batters ensured that there was not an upset in the match. Rodrigues, who was fresh from a delightful half-century in her last match, took up from where she had left, and smashed some good shots. Her innings was laced with six boundaries and a solitary six. After the fall of Rodrigues to Akanksha Kohli (1-16), skipper Rakshitha Krishnappa (21 not out) joined hands with Vrinda and ensured that she was there till the winning runs were hit. On the other hand, Ameya Sports’ bowlers had an off day at office as they managed to pick up just two wickets. Akanksha Kohli and Sahana Pawar were the two wicket-takers, who picked up one wicket apiece.

Also Read:  Match 5: Prathyusha Challuru's all-round effort guides Kini RR Sports to 22-Run Victory

Jemimah Rodrigues
Jemimah Rodrigues – Player of the Match at India Nippon Cup

Sheen Sports’ Jemimah Rodrigues won the Player of the Match award for her match-winning knock of 48. Sheen Sports has won both the matches so far and is sitting right at the top of the table, while Ameya Sports has won one and lost one. Both the teams will play their next match tomorrow at the same venue. Ameya Sports will play against Kini RR Sports, while Sheen Sports will lock horns against Heron Sports.

Brief Scores:

Ameya Sports 102 all out in 20 overs (M Meshram 28, T Kamini 26; R Krishnappa 3-18)

lost to

Sheen Sports 107-2 in 19 overs (J Rodrigues 48, V Dinesh 31; A Kohli 1-16, S Pawar 1-17) by 8 wickets

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here