Match 3: Minnu Mani’s 4 Wicket-Haul in vain as Kini RR Sports clinch a nail-biter

The third match of the T20 India Nippon Cup was played between Heron Sports and Kini RR Sports at Samprasiddhi Sports Estadio, Bangalore on January 5, in the morning.

Minnu Mani - Kerala Cricketer
Minnu Mani took 4 Wickets in 4 over spell, giving just 18 Runs

Divya Gnananand, captain of Heron Sports, won the toss and elected to field first. Putting in to bat, Kini RR Sports managed to put up a modest total of 130-9 in the full quota of 20 overs. Leading from the front, Kini RR Sports’ opening bat Vellaswamy Vanitha muscled a 36-ball 48. Her innings was embellished with five boundaries and three sixes. Though she lost her opening partner Roshni Kiran (0) in a run out, she ensured that she was there to provide a solid foundation to the team. Coming in at no. 3, Punam Raut played a useful knock of 29 (38) and stitched an important partnership of 64 runs with Vanitha. Among the wickets were Minnu Mani (4) and skipper Divya Gnananand (3). Both these bowlers bowled well and did not allow Kini RR Sports’ batters to score freely.

In reply, Heron Sports gave a tough fight as the match went all day down the wire. In the end, Heron Sports fell short of just a run as their innings was done and dusted for 129 in 20 overs. Heron Sports lost their captain Divya Gnananand (2) in the very first over. From there, Shubha Satish (19) and Ayushi Soni (47) looked to consolidate the innings. Soni looked good during her knock. She struck four boundaries and two sixes in her 46-ball innings. Later Minnu Mani (23) and Aditi Rajesh (23 not out) played some aggressive strokes to take the match till the very last ball. However, Kini RR Sports had the last laugh as they managed to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat. Arundhati Reddy was the star performer with the ball for Kini RR Sports as she scalped 3-22 in her four overs.

Also Read:  Match 10 - Divya Gnananand powered Herons to 4-Wicket Win over Kini RR

Both the teams will play their next match tomorrow at the same venue. Kini RR Sports will play against Ameya Sports, while Heron Sports will lock horns against Sheen Sports.

Brief Scores:

Kini RR Sports 130-9 in 20 overs (V Vanitha 48, P Raut 29; M Mani 4-18, D Gnananand 3-27)

defeated

Heron Sports 129 all out in 20 overs (A Soni 47, A Rajesh 23 not out; A Reddy 3-22) by 1 run

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here