Preview: Match 8 – Ireland vs Netherlands Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The eighth match of the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021 will be played between Ireland and Netherlands on November 25 at the Sunrise Sports Club in Harare. Both the teams have lost their first match to West Indies and Sri Lanka respectively and would look to fight strong in this upcoming fixture.

Match 8 - Ireland vs Netherlands Women
Match 8 – Ireland vs Netherlands Women

Match preview

Squads

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Gaby Lewis, Louise Little, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Celeste Raack, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Netherlands: Heather Siegers (c), Marloes Braat, Sterre Kalis, Hannah Landheer, Babette de Leede, Caroline de Lange, Eva Lynch, Frederique Overdijk, Juliet Post, Robine Rijke, Silver Siegers, Jolien van Vliet, Isabel van der Woning, Iris Zwilling, Gwen Bloemen

Players to watch out for

Eimear Richardson:

The all-rounder had a wonderful outing in her last match against West Indies. The right-hand bat mustered 32 runs off 40 balls lower down the order. She muscled four boundaries and a six. With the ball, the right arm off-spinner was the pick of the bowlers as she struck with 2-33 in her 10 overs, including one maiden. She picked up the key wickets of Deandra Dottin and Hayley Matthews.

Gaby Lewis:

The right hand opening bat top-scored for Ireland against West Indies in her last match. She plundered 36 runs off 58 balls, including four boundaries and a six. She stitched a vital 79 run opening partnership with her partner Leah Paul in 20.1 overs to set a solid foundation for Ireland. Ireland will want her to provide them with yet another solid start going into the next match.

Also Read:  1st T20I: West Indies vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Caroline de Lange:

The skipper of Netherlands was the most successful bowler for the team as she claimed 4-64 in her 10 overs as she accounted for Sri Lanka’s first four batters in the last match. The wily right arm leg spinner bowled tight lines and lengths, not allowing the batters to score freely off her. Leading from the front, she also contributed with the bat scoring a 9 not out off 17 balls.

Babette de Leede:

The wicket-keeper bat top scored with 77 runs off 97 balls, including eight boundaries. The opening bat, after losing her opening partner Juliet Post cheaply, stitched a 141 run partnership with Sterre Kalis for the second wicket. The right hand bat provided a healthy start to Netherlands however could not get much support from the middle order.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy in the morning (local) and there could be thunderstorms in some parts of the area in the afternoon (local). The chance of precipitation in the morning is 25% while in the afternoon it is 55%. The average temperature will be around 22 degrees Celsius. The breeze will blow from the northeast.

Pitch

The conditions will support the batters. Expect a high scoring encounter. The ball comes nicely on to the bat and if the batters are willing to spend time at the crease they will reap rich dividends. While for the bowlers, they will have to think out of the box to outwit the batters. Sticking to their basics will be the key.

Also Read:  Match 2: Australia U19 vs England U19 | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Match details

Date: November 25, 2021

Time: 1pm IST

Venue: Sunrise Sports Club, Harare

Live streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here