Preview: Match 9 – Zimbabwe vs United States Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The ninth match of the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021 will be played between Zimbabwe and United States on November 25 at the Takashinga Sports Club in Harare. Both the teams have lost their first match to Thailand and Bangladesh respectively. The two outfits will look to redeem themselves going into this match.

Match 9 - Zimbabwe vs United States Women
Match 9 – Zimbabwe vs United States Women

Match preview

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Christabel Chatonzwa, Francisca Chipare, Chiedza Dhururu, Tasmeen Granger, Nyasha Gwanzura, Precious Marange, Sharne Mayers, Audrey Mazvishaya, Esther Mbofana, Modester Mupachikwa, Anesu Mushangwe, Ashley Ndiraya, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda, Loren Tshuma

United States: Sindhu Sriharsha (c), Shebani Bhaskar, Sara Farooq, Uzma Iftikhar, Mahika Kandanala, Geetika Kodali, Tara Norris, Lisa Ramjit, Akshatha Rao, Gargi Bhogle, Moksha Chaudhary, Anika Kolan, Chetnaa Prasad, Suhani Thadani, Isani Vaghela

Players to watch out for

Moksha Chaudhary:

The right arm quick who opened the bowling for the United States from the other end against Bangladesh in her last fixture was the pick of the bowlers as she accounted for 2-64 in her 10 overs, including one maiden. The United States will want their seamer to give them early breakthroughs going into the next match.

Tara Norris:

The all-rounder top scored with 16 runs off 27 balls, including two boundaries in her last outing against Bangladesh. Apart from her batting, she contributed with the ball, opening the bowling. She bowled her full quota of 10 overs and gave away 64 runs. Though she was not among the wickets, she bowled consistently well throughout her spell.

Loren Tshuma:

The right arm quick claimed 2-35 in her 10 overs. She picked up the key wickets of Nattakan Chantam and Sornnarin Tippoch, both of whom were going great guns blazing. She bowled well in the middle overs and restricted the Thailand batters from scoring with ease. Zimbabwe will want her to be among wickets in the upcoming fixture.

Also Read:  1st T20: Zimbabwe vs South Africa Emerging | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Mary-Anne Musonda:

The captain of Zimbabwe was the top performer with the bat as she smashed 69 runs off 65 balls, including seven boundaries. The right hand middle order bat anchored the innings well as she was involved in crucial partnerships with the other batters. She put together 77 runs with Josephine Nkomo and 45 runs with Christabel Chantonzwa.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy in the morning (local) and there could be thunderstorms in some parts of the area in the afternoon (local). The chance of precipitation in the morning is 25% while in the afternoon it is 55%. The average temperature will be around 22 degrees Celsius. The breeze will blow from the northeast.

Pitch

Batting was not that easy in the last match that was played here. Just over 230 runs were scored in the game. Bowlers enjoyed bowling here. Spinners had a good time as they picked up the bulk of the wickets.

Match details

Date: November 25, 2021

Time: 1pm IST

Venue: Takashinga Sports Club, Harare

Live streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here