Preview: Match 5 – Bangladesh vs USA Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The fifth match of the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021 will be played between Bangladesh and the United States on November 23 at the Sunrise Sports Club in Harare. Both the teams will be high on confidence as they are coming from successful campaigns. While Bangladesh started the tournament with a win over Pakistan, the United States had a wonderful outing in the Americas World T20 qualifier, which was played last month. The United States have not played a single ODI till date.

Match 5 - Bangladesh vs USA Women
Match 5 – Bangladesh vs USA Women

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (c), Murshida Khatun, Nuzhat Tasnia, Fargana Hoque, Rumana Ahmed, Ritu Moni, Nahida Akter, Salma Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Lata Mondal, Fahima Khatun, Sharmin Akhter, Sobhana Mostary, Khadija Tul Kubra, Shanjida Akter, Fariha Trisna

United States: Sindhu Sriharsha (c), Shebani Bhaskar, Sara Farooq, Uzma Iftikhar, Mahika Kandanala, Geetika Kodali, Tara Norris, Lisa Ramjit, Akshatha Rao, Gargi Bhogle, Chetnaa Prasad, Isani Vaghela, Anika Kolan, Moksha Chaudhary, Suhani Thadani

Players to watch out for

Rumana Ahmed:

She was the player of the match in her last outing against Pakistan. The all-rounder made useful contributions with both bat and ball. With the ball, the leg spinner picked up 1-40 in her eight overs, while with the bat, the right-hander smashed an unbeaten 50 off 44 balls, including six boundaries to steer her side to a three-wicket win, chasing 202 runs.

Nahida Akter:

The left arm spinner was the pick of the bowlers for Bangladesh in their last match against Pakistan. She scalped 2-25 in her 10 overs, including one maiden. She accounted for the key wickets of Pakistan’s captain Javeria Khan and Iram Javed. She is a good middle overs bowler and has the ability to keep a check on the opposition’s scoring rate.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 9 - Zimbabwe vs United States Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

Gargi Bhogle:

The left hand opening bat was the top run getter for the United States in the recently concluded ICC World T20 Americas qualifier. She muscled 95 runs in six matches, including the best of 39 not out. She is a solid bat and can provide a healthy start to the team’s batting.

Suhani Thadani:

Though she is just 15 years old, she is one of the best bowlers in the United States’ line-up. The right-arm quick was the leading wicket-taker for the United States in the ICC World T20 Americas qualifier that was played last month. In the five matches that she played she struck with six wickets, including the best of 4-6.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy throughout the course of the match. A couple of thunderstorms are on the cards. The average temperature will be around 23 degrees Celsius. There is a 65% chance of precipitation during the match. There will be a wind blowing from the southwest in the morning (local) and from the west in the afternoon (local).

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. While Bangladesh have won their first match batting second, they might look to chase again, if they win the toss. The wicket is expected to be a good one, aiding both batters and bowlers.

Match details

Date: November 23, 2021

Time: 1pm IST

Venue: Sunrise Sports Club, Harare

Live streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Detailed Analysis of West Indies Women's Cricket Team for ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here