Preview: Match 4 – Sri Lanka vs Netherlands Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The fourth match of the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021 will be played between Netherlands and Sri Lanka on November 23 at the Harare Sports Club in Harare. Netherlands have not played an ODI in the last decade, however they were last seen in the ICC World T20 Europe Qualifier in August this year. On the other hand, Sri Lanka last played an ODI series in 2019 against Australia which they lost 0-3, with their recent international appearance being in the ICC World T20 in February-March last year.

Match 4 - Sri Lanka vs Netherlands Women
Match 4 – Sri Lanka vs Netherlands Women

Squads

Netherlands: Heather Siegers (c), Marloes Braat, Sterre Kalis, Hannah Landheer, Babette de Leede, Caroline de Lange, Eva Lynch, Frederique Overdijk, Juliet Post, Robine Rijke, Silver Siegers, Jolien van Vliet, Isabel van der Woning, Iris Zwilling, Gwen Bloemen

Sri Lanka: Chamari Athapaththu (c), Harshitha Madavi, Inoka Ranaweera, Nilakshi de Silva, Hasini Perera, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Ama Kanchana, Prasadani Weerakkody, Sugandika Kumari, Anushka Sanjeewani, Kavisha Dilhari, Achini Kulasuriya, Tharika Sewwandi, Udeshika Prabodhani, Imesha Dulani, Sachini Nisansala, Vishmi Gunaratne

Players to watch out for

Heather Siegers:

The Netherlands’ skipper is one of the best all-rounders in the side. Though she has not played a single ODI, her T20I records are noteworthy. She is a right-hand bat, who has mustered 280 runs in 21 innings and has a strike rate of more than 100. She is good with the ball too as she has accounted for 18 wickets in 20 T20I innings, bowling right arm medium pace. She is the leading wicket-taker for Netherlands in the T20Is.

Also Read:  Which 3 Teams are most likely to Top ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021?

Babette de Leede:

The right hand is the top run getter for Netherlands in T20Is. The wicket-keeper bat is also the most experienced player in the team. She has registered 329 runs in 23 T20I innings, including a couple of half centuries. Behind the stumps she has claimed 11 catches and as many stumpings.

Chamari Athapaththu:

The captain of Sri Lanka is the most experienced player in the side having featured in 84 ODIs. The left hand batter has scored 2625 runs, including five centuries and 14 half centuries. Apart from her batting, she is more than a handy right arm off spinner and has picked up 23 wickets in 39 innings. Sri Lanka will want their skipper to come out with all guns blazing in this tournament.

Udeshika Prabodhani:

With Shashikala Siriwardene’s retirement from international cricket, the onus of Sri Lanka’s bowling will lie on the left arm seamer Prabodhani. In the present team, she is the leading wicket taker with 30 scalps from 53 ODI innings. She can also contribute with the bat lower down the order. She has 201ODI runs.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy throughout the course of the match. A couple of thunderstorms are on the cards. The average temperature will be around 23 degrees Celsius. There is 65% chance of precipitation during the match. There will be a wind blowing from the southwest in the morning (local) and from the west in the afternoon (local).

Pitch

The last match played at this venue saw the team batting first winning the match by just eight runs. A total of 486 runs were scored in the game. The track seems to be good for batting as the ball comes nicely on to the bat. With respect to the bowling, out of the 10 wickets that were taken by the bowlers, seven were scalped by quick bowlers, while the spinners accounted for just the three wickets.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 5 - Bangladesh vs USA Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

Match details

Date: November 23, 2021

Time: 1pm IST

Venue: Harare Sports Club, Harare

Live streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here