1. Cash Prizes by BCCI (22 July 2017)
BCCI was the first organisation to acknowledge the brilliant performance of India’s Women Cricket team in ICC WWC 2017 and thus announced cash prize of Rs 50 lakh for each player of 15-member squad of Indian team. Also, Rs 25 lakh was awarded to each one of the supporting staff of the team.
2. Captain Mithali Raj, V. Captain Harmanpreet Kaur and Punam Raut felicitated in Delhi (27th July 2017)
Former Union Minister for Sports, Vijay Goel praised M.Raj and her team for performing exceedingly well in the WWC 2017. Along with team members; the coaches, team managers and supporting staff were also felicitated by the then sports minister.
3. Telangana government announced rewards for Raj and her coach (28th July 2017)
Mithali Raj awarded cash prize of Rs 1 crore and a 600 sq. yards house plot in a posh area of Telangana. Also, Rs 25 lakh cash prize was announced for Raj’s coach RSR Murthy.
4. Maharashtra govt felicilates three players from its state (28th July 2017)
Devendra Fadnavis led Maharashtra government announced to award Smriti Mandhana, Mona Meshram and Punam Raut, the three team players from Maharashtra with a cash prize of Rs 50 lakh each for their sterling performances.
5. BMW car for Mithali Raj (1st August 2017)
Telangana Badminton Association Vice President V. Chamundeswaranath presented a BMW car to Raj, as promised earlier, to the cricketer for breaking the world record for most one-day runs.
6. Shikha Pandey felicitated (1st August 2017)
Flight Lt Shikha Pandey was awarded The Chief of the air staff commendation by Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa for her performance as a member of Indian Women’s Cricket team. Also, the IAF lauded her achievemnt by saying that she first lady officer from the services to represent Indian Cricket team.
7. Cash prize for Harmanpreet Kaur (2nd August 2017)
Punjab CM Amrinder Singh presented a cheque of Rs five lakh to the powerhouse of Indian Cricket team, Harmanpreet Kaur for her spectacular show in the mega event.
8. Video Analyst Aarti Nalge felicitated along with Mithali Raj (6th August 2017)
Hyderabad Cricket Association awarded Mithali Raj, a cheque of Rs five lakh at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium. Raj’s coach RSR Murthy and Indian team’s video Analyst Aarti Nalga were also honoured in the same event.
9. Veda Krishnamurthy and Rajeshwari Gayakwad honoured (9th August 2017)
Karnataka State Cricket Association felicitated V.Krishnamurthy and R.Gayakwad for their crucial contribution in Team India’s sensational run to the finals of WWC by presenting each one of them, a cheque of Rs five lakh, a silver memento, shawl and a Mysore Peta.
10. Mansi Joshi and Ekta Bisht felicitated by Uttrakhand government
On the National Sports Day, Mansi Joshi and Ekta Bisht were given five lakh rupees each, by their state government as the cash prizes for their valuable role in the team. Also, Joshi was felicitated by her school in Roorkee in a separate event.]
11. Prestigious Arjuna Award for Kaur (29th August 2017)
Harmanpreet Kaur received one of the most prestigious award in sports i.e. Arjuna Award from honourable President of India. After BCCI recommended her name for the same,expressing her excitement she said that she never thought of getting Arjuna Award but receiving it is a dream for every sportsperson.
12. Redi Go for Harmanpreet Kaur (31st August 2017)
Last but not the least, Datsun India honoured Harmanpreet Kaur with a Redi Go car for her exemplary show in the world cup.
Stay tuned for more.