Match 13: Tornadoes v Spirit Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 13th match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Tornadoes and Spirit at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 11.

Match Preview – Match 13: Tornadoes v Spirit Women

Match 13: Tornadoes v Spirit Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Tornadoes: Stafanie Taylor (captain), Sophie Devine, Sterre Kalis, Andrea-Mae Zepeda, Katy Martin, Chanida Sutthiruang, Marry-Anne Musonda, Sune Luus, Sita Rana Magar, Aliya Riaz, Divya Saxena, Winifred Duraisingam, Natasha Miles, Maryam Bibi, Diana Baig

Spirit: Bismah Maroof (captain), Chaya Mughal, Natthakan Chantam, Anuradha Doddaballapur, Fatuma Kibasu, Shizuka Miyaji, Sophie Ecclestone, Diviya GK, Betty Chan, Sophia Dunkley, Nicola Carey, Sarah Bryce, Nattaya Boochatham, Ayabonga Khaka, Yasmin Daswani

Players to watch out for

Natthakan Chantham:

The right handed opening batter from Thailand, who plays for Spirit, won the player of the match for her 72 runs off 57 balls against Warriors in the last match. She hit nine boundaries and a six in the process and set the foundation for the team.

Sophie Ecclestone:

The left arm spinner from England was the pick of the bowlers for Spirit as she scalped 2-8 in three overs in her last outing against Warriors. She was the most economical bowler in the team too.

Stafanie Taylor:

The captain of West Indies, who also leads Tornadoes top scored with an unbeaten 78 off 54 balls in her last appearance against Barmy Army. Coming in at number four, she hit eight boundaries and three sixes in her innings and stitched a 145-run partnership with Sune Luus for the third wicket.

Sune Luus:

The star all-rounder from South Africa struck 66 not out off 58 balls for Tornadoes in her last game against Barmy Army. The right handed batter came in to bat in the very first over of the match and was there till the end of the innings.

Also Read:  Australia Women’s squad announced for upcoming India tour of Australia

Pitch

In the last night match that was played here, 290 runs were scored. The team batting first won the match. The wicket is expected to be batting friendly. However there could be something in it for the bowlers, especially the spinners. 15 wickets fell in the last match, out of which nine were scalped by the spinners.

Weather

The weather is expected to be clear and warm. The average temperature will be around 26 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Sophia Dunkley, Natthakan Chantham, Sterre Kalis, Nicola Carey, Stafanie Taylor, Sune Luus, Sophie Devine, Sophie Ecclestone, Ayabonga Khaka, Sita Rana Magar

Match details

Date: May 11, 2022

Time: 9.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here