Match 12: Sapphires v Falcons Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 12th match of the Fairbreak Global Invitational T20 tournament will be played between Sapphires and Falcons at Dubai International Cricket stadium on May 11.

Match Preview – Match 12: Sapphires v Falcons Women

Match 12: Sapphires v Falcons Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squad

Sapphires: Sana Mir (captain), Shabnim Ismail, Maryam Omar, Jade Allen, Grace Harris, Emma Lai, Elyse Villani, Shebani Bhaskar, Natasha Farrant, Kim Garth, Kary Chan, Geetika Kodali, Babette de Leede, Gaby Lewis, Christine Lovino

Falcons: Suzie Bates (captain), Danni Wyatt, Britney Cooper, Marizanne Kapp, Mariko Hill, Theetha Satish, Sornnarin Tipooch, Kaia Arua, Nannapat Koncharoenkai, Chritina Gough, Gunjan Shukla, Marina Lamplough, Chamari Athapaththu, Anju Gurung, Jahanara Alam

Players to watch out for

Grace Harris:

The Australian all-rounder won the player of the match for her scintillating performance with both bat and ball. She scored 31 runs off 20 balls and picked up 5-22 in four overs, including a hat-trick for Sapphires in her last outing against Barmy Army.

Maryam Omar:

The batting all-rounder from Kuwait made a useful contribution of 26 not out from 20 balls in her last match for Sapphires against Barmy Army. She batted well in the middle order and gave some hope to her team in the run chase.

Chamari Athapaththu:

The star Sri Lankan captain was the pick of the bowlers for Falcons in the last match against Spirit. The off spinner claimed 1-17 in four overs. With the bat, the southpaw scored 42 runs off 28 balls, opening the batting.

Theertha Satish:

The wicket-keeper batter from UAE mustered 20 runs off 26 balls for Falcons in her last appearance against Spirit. She batted at number four and anchored the innings well.

Also Read:  Semi-Final 2: Barmy Army v Tornadoes Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

290 runs were scored in the last match that was played here. The team batting first won the match. The wicket is expected to be batting friendly. However there could be something in it for the bowlers, especially the spinners. 15 wickets fell in the last match, out of which nine were scalped by the spinners.

Weather

Plenty of sun is expected today. The average temperature will be around 36 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain. The wind is expected to blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Babette de Leede, Theertha Satish, Chamari Athapaththu, Elyse Villani, Danielle Wyatt, Maryam Omar, Grace Harris, Sornnarin Tippoch, Shabnim Ismail, Natasha Farrant, Jahanara Alam

Match details

Date: May 11, 2022

Time: 5.30pm IST

Venue: Dubai International Stadium

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here