Match 1 – Namibia vs Zimbabwe Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The Namibia – Uganda – Zimbabwe tri-nation T20I series kick starts from April 20. The first match will be played between Namibia and Zimbabwe at Windhoek in Namibia.

Match 1 - Namibia vs Zimbabwe Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming
Match 1 – Namibia vs Zimbabwe Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match preview: Namibia v Zimbabwe

Head to Head

Namibia and Zimbabwe have played seven T20Is against each other. Zimbabwe have won all the matches.

Squads

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Zimbabwe: Mary-Anne Musonda (c), Francisca Chipare, Nyasha Gwanzura, Sharne Mayers, Precious Marange, Mitchell Mavunga, Chipo Mugeri-Tiripano, Pellagia Mujaji, Modester Mupachikwa, Anesu Mushangwe, Kelis Ndlovu, Ashley Ndiraya, Josephine Nkomo, Loryn Phiri, Nomvelo Sibanda

Players to watch out for

Irene van Zyl:

She is a right handed batter and a right arm seamer, who has featured in 26 T20Is for Namibia since 2019. She has scored 136 runs in 18 innings, including the best of 22 and with the ball has scalped 19 wickets, including the best of 4-7.

Adri van der Merwe:

She is one of the most experienced players in the Namibia team. She has played 7 T20Is since 2018. She is a right-handed batter who has muscled 715 runs in 36 innings, including the best of 57. She has a couple of half-centuries to her name and a healthy strike rate of more than 80.

Josephine Nkomo:

She is one of the best all-rounders in the Zimbabwe team. She has been a part of six ODIs and 21 T20Is since her international debut in 2019. She has registered 228 T20I runs in 16 innings at a strike rate of more than 100. She also has one T20I half-century to her name. With the ball, she has claimed 16 T20I wickets in as many innings including the best of 4-12.

Also Read:  Ireland Women beat Zimbabwe 2-0 in ODIs on their home soil

Mary-Anne Musonda:

She is the captain of Zimbabwe. She is a prolific right-handed batter and first cricketer for Zimbabwe to score a century in women’s ODIs. She has led Zimbabwe in 21 T20Is since 2019. She has scored 328 runs in 18 innings at a strike rate of more than 100. She also has a couple of T20I half-centuries.

Pitch

Five women’s T20Is have been played at this venue so far. Teams batting first have won three while the teams batting second have won two. The average first innings score is 119 and the average second innings score is 67. Since this will be the first match of the tournament, expect a fresh wicket that will aid the batters.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and pleasant. The average temperature will be around 27 degrees. Celsius and it will get cooler as the day progresses. There will be a cloud cover of 31 percent with no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Modester Mupachikwa, Adri van der Merwe, Chipo Mugeri, Mary-Anne Musonda, Irene van Zyl, Josephine Nkomo, Precious Marange, Sune Wittmann, Francesca Chipare, Nomvelo Sibanda, Wilka Mwatile

Match Details

Date: April 20, 2022

Time: 6pm IST

Venue: Windhoek, Namibia

Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Capricorn Women's Tri-Series 2022: Uganda, Zimbabwe Women tour of Namibia
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here