Match 6 – Uganda vs Namibia Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The sixth match of the Namibia – Uganda – Zimbabwe tri-nation T20I series will be played between Uganda and Namibia at Windhoek in Namibia on April 23.

Uganda Women's Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women's T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter
Uganda Women’s Cricket Team in Namibia for Capricorn Women’s T20 Series 2022. PC: Twitter

Match preview: Uganda v Namibia

Head to Head

Uganda and Namibia have played three T20Is against each other. Namibia have won all the three matches.

Squads

Uganda: Concy Aweko (c), Janet Mbabazi (vc), Sarah Akiteng, Evelyn Anyipo, Kevin Awino, Leona Babirye, Naome Bagenda, Susan Kakai, Phiona Kulume, Patricia Malemikia, Jimia Mohammed, Rita Musamali, Rita Nyagendo, Shakirah Sadick

Namibia: Irene van Zyl (c), Jurriene Diergaardt, Dietlind Foerster, Kayleen Green, Mezerly Gorases, Victoria Hamunyela, Yasmeen Khan (wk), Mekelaye Mwatile, Wilka Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo, Namusha Shiomwenyo, Adri van der Merwe, Edelle van Zyl, Sune Wittmann

Players to watch out for

Patricia Malemikia: This right arm seamer from Uganda was the pick of the bowlers against Zimbabwe in her last match. She took the new ball and scalped 2-15 in four overs. She was not only the most successful bowler for Uganda but also the most economical one.

Janet Mbabazi: This right handed top order batter of Uganda led the run chase from the front with an unbeaten 42 off 36 balls, including eight boundaries. She fought hard but in the end failed to take her team home as Uganda fell short of 22 runs.

Victoria Hamunyela: The right arm off spinner from Namibia was the lone wicket taker for her team in her last match against Zimbabwe. She opened the bowling and picked up 1-25 in 3.3 overs

Also Read:  Match 9 – Namibia vs Uganda Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Jurriene Diergaardt: She is a right handed opening batter of Namibia who was one of the top scorers in the last match against Zimbabwe. She will be the key for Namibia to give them a good start.

Pitch

The last match that was played here was a low scoring affair as less than 100 runs were scored. Bowlers enjoyed themselves bowling at the venue. Batters will be required to take their time to score runs on this wicket. 

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly sunny and pleasant in the afternoon and clear in the evening. The average temperature will be around 26 degrees Celsius in the afternoon and drop to 16 degrees Celsius in the evening. There will be 29 percent cloud cover at the start of play and towards the end just one percent. There is no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-southwest in the afternoon and from the south-west in the evening.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kayleen Green, Jurriene Diergaardt, Adri van der Merwe, Sylvia Shihepo, Naome Bagenda, Sune Wittmann, Sarah Akiteng, Janet Mbabazi, Victoria Hamunyela, Consylate Aweko, Patricia Malemikia

Match Details

Date: April 23, 2022

Time: 6pm IST

Venue: Windhoek, Namibia

Live Streaming: Cricket Namibia Facebook page.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  What has happened in Kenya Quadrangular Women's T20 Series 2022-23?
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here