3rd T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The third T20I of the five-match series between India and Australia will be played on December 14 at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai. The game will begin at 7 PM IST. The series is leveled at 1-1.

3rd T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the second T20I, batting first, Australia scored 187/1 in 20 overs, thanks to Beth Mooney’s 82 and Tahlia McGrath’s 70. India’s Deepti Sharma was the only wicket-taker for the team. In reply, India equaled Australia’s score to take the match to a super over. Smriti Mandhana starred with the bat for India with 79, while Heather Graham was the most successful bowler with three wickets for Australia. In the super over, India set a target of 21, and Australia were restricted to 16.

Head-to-Head

India and Australia have played 27 T20Is against each other, with Australia winning 19, India winning seven, and one match not producing a result.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (vc), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh Thakur, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Devika Vaidya, S Meghana, Richa Ghosh, Harleen Deol

Australia: Alyssa Healy (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland

Players to watch

Smriti Mandhana: 

The left-handed opening batter of India played a pivotal role in her team’s success in the second T20I against Australia. She scored 79 off 49, hitting nine boundaries and four sixes. In the super over, the southpaw smashed 13 off three to take India to a commanding position.

Also Read:  Match 4: SA Scorpions vs ACT Meteors | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Richa Ghosh: 

The dashing wicket-keeper-batter of India played a 13-ball cameo in the second T20I against Australia. She hammered 26 not out, hitting three sixes. In the super over, she was sent to open the batting. On the first ball, she muscled a six over long-on to give India a perfect start to the super over.

Beth Mooney:

Picking up from where she had left in the first T20I, Australia’s left-handed opening batter piled up another half-century in the second T20I against India. She smashed an undefeated 82 off 54, including 13 boundaries. She stitched a 158-run partnership with Tahlia McGrath for the second wicket.

Heather Graham: 

Playing her debut T20I, the right-arm pace sensation of Australia was the pick of the bowlers for her side, scalping 22/3 in four overs. She bowled 11 dot balls and was the most economical bowler. She was chosen to bowl the super over; however, she could not restrict India’s power-packed batters.

Pitch

The venue has hosted seven women’s T20Is, of which the teams batting first have won two, and the teams batting second have won five. The highest total scored here is 209, and the lowest total scored here is 96. Expect batting-friendly conditions. A high-scoring contest could be on the cards.

Weather

The weather is expected to see intervals of clouds and sun with a thunderstorm in parts of the area. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 34 degrees Celsius. There will be a 70 percent cloud cover and a 42 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Australia vs South Africa | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Richa Ghosh, Beth Mooney, Tahlia McGrath, Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Heather Graham, Deepti Sharma, Alana King, Renuka Singh Thakur, Megan Schutt

Match Details

Date: December 14, 2022

Time: 7 PM IST (12.30 AM AEDT, December 12)

Venue: Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

Live Streaming: Star Sports Network (India), Fox Sports and Channel 7 (Australia)

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here