2nd T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The second T20I of the five-match series between England and West Indies will be played on December 15 at the Kensington Oval in Bridgetown, Barbados. The game will begin at 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 14). England lead the series 1-0.

2nd T20I: England v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

In the first T20I, batting first, West Indies were reduced to 105/7 in 20 overs. Rashada Williams top-scored with 23 for West Indies, while Lauren Bell was the most successful bowler with three wickets for England. In reply, England overhauled the target in 12.4 overs with eight wickets in hand. Danielle Wyatt starred with the bat muscling an unbeaten 59 for England, while for West Indies, none of the bowlers were among the wickets.

Head-to-Head

England and West Indies have played 23 T20Is against each other, out of which England have won 14, and the West Indies have won nine.

Squads

England: Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Alice Davidson-Richards, Freya Davies, Charlotte Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Natalie Sciver, Danielle Wyatt, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Sarah Glenn, Issy Wong

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (C), Shakera Selman (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Sheneta Grimmond, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Danielle Wyatt: 

England’s swashbuckling right-handed opening batter smashed an undefeated 59 off 34 in the first T20I against West Indies. She peppered the boundary rope seven times and cleared it twice. She led the run chase from the front and powered her team to an eight-wicket win.

Also Read:  Katherine Brunt and Natalie Sciver reveals their Wedding and Cricket Plan

Lauren Bell: 

The right-arm speedster of England won the player of the match in the first T20I against West Indies. She scalped 26/3 in four overs, including 14 dot balls. She opened the bowling with Katherine Brunt and bowled well with the new ball. She was also effective in the death overs.

Rashada Williams: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of West Indies top-scored for her team in the first T20I against England. She mustered 23 off 26, including a couple of hits to the fence. She held the innings together, batting from the third to the 13th over. She fought hard but perished against the run of play.

Chinelle Henry: 

The star West Indian all-rounder made valuable contributions with the bat in the first T20I against England. The right-handed middle-order batter scored an unbeaten 21 off 22, including three boundaries. With the ball, the right-arm quick opened the bowling. She is known for her raw pace.

Pitch

The venue has hosted 14 women’s T20Is so far. The teams batting first have won eight, and the teams batting second have won five, with one game going into the super over. The highest total scored is 140, and the lowest total scored is 81. With a fresh wicket to be offered to play, expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a passing shower in the morning. Otherwise, it will be breezy and humid, with intervals of clouds and sunshine. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be a 73 percent cloud cover and a 55 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Also Read:  Natalie Sciver's all-round show guides England to a massive 142 Run Victory

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Lauren Bell, Katherine Brunt, Afy Fletcher, Sophie Ecclestone

Match Details

Date: December 15, 2022

Time: 3.30 AM IST (6 PM LOCAL, December 11)

Venue: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Live Streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here