Match 9: Dragons v Typhoons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The ninth and the last match of the Arachas Super Series T20 Trophy 2022, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on July 10 between Dragons and Typhoons at the Oak Hill Cricket Club, Wicklow. 

Match 9: Dragons v Typhoons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview

Squads 

Dragons: Leah Paul (captain), Amy Caulfield, Alison Cowan, Zara Craig, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Sarah Forbes, Abbi Harrison, Amy Hunter, Charlotte Lyons, Kia McCartney, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Jemma Rankin

Typhoons: Laura Delany (captain), Ava Canning, Sarah Condron, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Maria Kerrison, Robyn Lewis, Louise Little, Joanna Loughran, Tess Maritz, Lara McBride, Celeste Raack, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch

Leah Paul:

This left-handed opening batter of Dragons top scored with 40 runs off 37 balls, including five boundaries against Scorchers in her last match. She provided a good start to her team and was there in the middle till the 11th over. She also bowled her full quota of four overs and picked up 29/1 bowling left arm spin.

Arlene Kelly: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Dragons bagged 9/2 in her four overs, including a couple of maiden overs in her last outing against the Scorchers. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball. She was the leading wicket-taker for her team in that match and was also the most economical one.

Laura Delany:

The right-handed middle order batter of Typhoons muscled 53 runs off 42 balls in her last match against the Dragons on July 6. She hammered seven boundaries in her innings. She came in to bat in the fifth over and was there in the middle till the 19th over of the innings.

Also Read:  4th T20I: Zimbabwe vs Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Celeste Raack:

The right arm leg spinner from Typhoons was the pick of the bowlers in her last appearance against the Dragons on July 6. She scalped 22/3 in four overs, picking up all the three wickets in the 17th over of the innings. She was not only the most successful bowler but also the most economical bowler for her side.

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue with the first match being played early in the day. The wicket is not expected to change much and may look good for batting. The bowlers will be required to think out of the box to get the better of the batters on this expected batting friendly track.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly to mostly sunny. The temperature can go up to 19 degrees Celsius in the day. The expected cloud cover will be 18 percent with just three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Mary Waldron, Amy Hunter, Lousie Little, Rebecca Stokell, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Arlene Kelly, Georgina Dempsey, Celeste Raack, Ava Canning, Cara Murray

Match details

Date: July 10, 2022

Time: 7.30PM IST

Venue: Oak Hill Cricket Club, Wicklow

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Detailed Analysis of Ireland Cricket Team for ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2021
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here