Match 8: Scorchers v Typhoons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The eighth match of the Arachas Super Series T20 Trophy 2022, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on July 10 between Scorchers and Typhoons at the Oak Hill Cricket Club, Wicklow. 

Match 8: Scorchers v Typhoons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Preview

Squads

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Typhoons: Laura Delany (captain), Ava Canning, Sarah Condron, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Maria Kerrison, Robyn Lewis, Louise Little, Joanna Loughran, Tess Maritz, Lara McBride, Celeste Raack, Freya Sargent, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

Players to watch

Anna Kerrison:

This right-handed opening batter of Scorchers top-scored with an unbeaten 32 off 44 balls, including one boundary against Dragons in her last match. She held the innings together with her brilliant batting effort and helped her side go past the 100-run mark. With the ball, the right arm off spinner struck with 11/1 in four overs, including one maiden over.

Lara Maritz: 

The right-arm medium-pace bowler from Scorchers accounted for 7/1 in three overs in her last outing against the Dragons. She was the most economical bowler for her side. She also contributed 11 runs off 14 balls, including one boundary, batting at the number five position.

Laura Delany:

The right-handed middle-order batter of Typhoons muscled 53 runs off 42 balls in her last match against the Dragons. She hammered seven boundaries in her innings. She came in to bat in the fifth over and was there in the middle till the 19th over of the innings.

Also Read:  Match 5: Dragons v Scorchers | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Celeste Raack:

The right arm leg spinner from Typhoons was the pick of the bowlers in her last appearance against the Dragons. She scalped 22/3 in four overs, picking up all the three wickets in the 17th over of the innings. She was not only the most successful bowler but also the most economical bowler for her side.

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. The wicket is expected to be a new one, which will aid the batters as the surface will be nice and hard. On the other hand, the bowlers will have to make good use of the new ball as the conditions seem to be not exactly in their favour.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly to mostly sunny. The temperature can go up to 19 degrees Celsius in the day. The expected cloud cover will be 18 percent with just three percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Mary Waldron, Gaby Lewis, Anna Kerrison, Rebecca Stokell, Louise Little, Laura Delany, Ellie McGee, Sophie MacMahon, Celeste Raack, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz

Match details

Date: July 10, 2022

Time: 3.30PM IST

Venue: Oak Hill Cricket Club, Wicklow

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 7: Scorchers v Dragons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here