Match 2: Scorchers v Dragons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

The second match of the 2022 Arachas Super Series, a domestic competition in Ireland, will be played on June 26 between Scorchers and Dragons at Waringstown. It will be a 20-over match.

Match 2: Scorchers v Dragons | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Match Preview

Squads

Scorchers: Gaby Lewis (captain), Christina Coulter Reilly, Rachel Delaney, Shauna Kavanagh, Anna Kerrison, Hannah Little, Sophie MacMahon, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Jane Maguire, Lara Maritz, Ellie McGee, Eimear Richardson, Jenny Sparrow, Siúin Woods

Dragons: Leah Paul (captain), Amy Caulfield, Alison Cowan, Zara Craig, Alana Dalzell, Mollie Devine, Sarah Forbes, Abbi Harrison, Amy Hunter, Charlotte Lyons, Kia McCartney, Kate McEvoy, Cara Murray, Orla Prendergast, Jemma Rankin

Players to watch

Gaby Lewis: 

The captain of Scorchers is a right-handed batter and a right-arm leg spinner, who has played 51 T20Is for Ireland. She has scored 1107 runs, including six half-centuries and a century. With the ball, she has picked up three wickets in seven innings.

Eimear Richardson: 

She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm off-spinner from Scorchers who has played 52 T20Is for Ireland. She has played international cricket between 2005 and 2021. The experienced all-rounder has more than 500 T20I runs and 47 wickets in the shortest format.

Amy Hunter:

She is a right-handed batter who plays her domestic cricket for the Dragons. She has also represented Ireland at the international level in 2021 when she featured in three T20Is and five ODIs.

Leah Paul:

She is a left-handed batter and a left arm spinner from the Dragons, who has featured in 23 T20Is for Ireland since her international debut in the format in 2019. She has mustered 149 runs in 14 innings and claimed 19 wickets in as many innings, including one four wicket haul.

Also Read:  Smriti, Tammy, Gaby, Lizelle Lee nominated for Rachael Heyhoe Flint 2021 Award

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue with the first match being played in the morning. The wicket will be relatively fresh and hard which will assist the batters. However, the cloudy conditions may work in the favour of bowlers. There is over 90% chance of rain, which will make the toss important.

Weather

The weather is expected to see winds gradually subsiding with periods of rain. The average temperature will be around 16 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 92 percent with 99 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southwest. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Shauna Kavanagh, Amy Hunter, Kia McCartney, Gaby Lewis, Eimear Richardson, Mollie Devine, Rachel Delaney, Leah Paul, Cara Murray, Jemma Rankin, Lara Maritz

Match details

Date: June 26, 2022

Time: 7.30pm IST

Venue: Waringstown

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here