3rd T20I: Malaysia v Singapore | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third and the final T20I of the three-match series between Malaysia and Singapore will be played on July 10 at the Indian Association Ground in Singapore. The match will start at 5PM IST. Malaysia have taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the series.

In the second T20I, Malaysia beat Singapore by 75 runs. Batting first, Malaysia posted a competitive score of 145/3 in 20 overs. Elsa Hunter and Mas Elysa starred with the bat for Malaysia with 53 runs and 51 runs respectively while for Singapore Ada Bhasin top scored with 15 runs. With the ball, it was again Ada Bhasin for Singapore as she picked up two wickets, while for Malaysia, Nur Dania Syuhada struck with four wickets.

Malaysia Women's Cricket Team . PC:  Twitter
Malaysia Women’s Cricket Team. PC: Twitter

Head-to-Head

Malaysia and Singapore have played 12 T20Is against each other, out of which Malaysia have won 10 and Singapore have won two.

Squads

Malaysia: Winifred Duraisingam, Mas Elysa, Nik Nur Atiela, Sasha Azmi, Aisya Eleesa Firdauz, Ainna Hamizah, Elsa Hunter, Jamahidaya Intan, Wan Julia, Dhanusri Muhunan, Aina Najwa, Arianna Natsya, Nur Dania Syuhada, Zumika Azmi, Nurilyaa Natasya Asri, Amalin Sorfina Abu Jimi

Singapore: Roshi Ramesh, Dhwani Prakas, Piumi Gurusinghe, Johanna Pooranakaran, Zay Hua Tan, Chathurani Abeyratne, Riyaa Bhasin, Shafina Mahesh, GK Diviya, Vinu Kumar, Ada Bhasin, Ishita Shukla, Dhavina Sharma, Jocelyn Pooranakaran,

Players to watch

Elsa Hunter: 

The right-handed middle order batter of Malaysia won the player of the match in the second T20I against Singapore. She scored an undefeated 53 off 45 balls, including three boundaries. In the process, she stitched a 113-run partnership with Mas Elysa for the third wicket. Hunter came in to bat in the fifth over and there in the middle till the penultimate ball of the innings.

Also Read:  1st T20I: Malaysia vs Nepal | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Nur Dania Syuhada: 

The right arm off spinner from Malaysia wreaked havoc with the ball as she scalped 14/4 in four overs, including one maiden, in the second T20I against Singapore. She opened the bowling with Winifred Duraisingam and struck twice in her very first over. She bowled well with the new ball inside the powerplay.

GK Diviya: 

The Singaporean all-rounder, who is a right-handed middle order batter and right arm off spinner made useful contributions with both bat and ball. She mustered 13 runs off 28 balls, batting at number seven and with the ball, she opened the bowling and bowled her full quota of four overs giving away 20 runs. She was the second most economical bowler for her team after Ada Bhasin.

Ada Bhasin: 

This right-handed batter and right-arm medium pace bowler was the leading run getter and highest wicket taker for Singapore in the second T20I against Malaysia. She scored 15 runs off 19 balls, including one boundary, batting at number five. With the ball, she claimed 19/2 in four overs. She opened the bowling with GK Diviya and was the most economical bowler for her side.

Pitch

The last T20I that was played here saw more than 150 runs being scored. 13 wickets fell in the process. The team batting second won the match chasing 79 runs in 14.3 overs. Batting has not looked that easy on this wicket. On the other hand, the bowlers have enjoyed bowling here, thanks to the cloudy conditions at their disposal.

Also Read:  Match 5: Singapore v UAE Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Weather

The weather is expected to see a thunderstorm in one or two spots in the morning; otherwise it will be cloudy. The temperature can go up to 31 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover is 85 percent and the probability of precipitation is 41 percent. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Wan Julia, Ainna Hamizah, Elsa Hunter, Roshni Ramesh, GK Diviya, Mas Elysa, Shafina Mahesh, Winifred Duraisingam, Ada Bhasin, Nur Dania Syuhada, Sasha Azmi

Match details

Date: July 10, 2022

Time: 5PM IST

Venue: Indian Association Ground, Singapore

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here