Match 19: Bahrain v Bhutan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 19th match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 22 between Bahrain and Bhutan at the UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia.

Match 19: Bahrain v Bhutan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Bahrain and Bhutan have never played against each other. This will be the first T20I between them.

Squads

Bahrain: Deepika Rasangika (c), Tharanga Gajanayake (vc), Vilcita Barboza, Deepika Bhaskara, Gayani Fernando, Rasika Hathadurage (wk), Poorvaja Jagdeesha, Prajna Jagdeesha, Sachini Jayasinghe, Shashikala Prakash, Rasika Rodrigo, Pavithra Shetty, Ishara Suhun, Abeera Waris

Bhutan: Yeshey Choden (c), Tashi Cheki, Ngawang Choden, Sonam Choden, Karma Dema, Anju Gurung, Tashi Lhaden, Pema Seldon, Sonam Sonam, Dechen Wangmo, Sangay Wangmo, Eva Somsel Yangzom, Dechen Zangmo, Tshering Zangmo

Players to watch

Pavithra Shetty: The right arm medium pace bowler from Bahrain was the most economical bowler in the last match against Nepal. She bowled two overs, conceded three runs and bagged one wicket. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball.

Ishara Suhun: In a low scoring encounter against Nepal, this right-handed middle order batter from Bahrain top scored with six runs off 10 balls. She played the most number of balls for Bahrain in that match.

Ngawang Choden: The left-handed opening batter of Bhutan top scored with 28 runs off 34 balls, including three boundaries in her last appearance against Kuwait. She held the innings together as she was there in the middle till the 13th over. In the process, she stitched a 50-run partnership with captain Dechen Wangmo for the second wicket.

Also Read:  Match 14: Bhutan v Kuwait Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Anju Gurung: The left arm medium pace bowler from Bhutan was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Kuwait. She opened the bowling and bowled well with the new ball, claiming 22/2 in four overs. Out of the 24 balls she bowled, 14 were dots.

Pitch

The last match that was played here yesterday was a low scoring contest as less than 100 runs were scored. 15 wickets fell in the process. The team batting second won the match comfortably chasing 47 runs. The wicket has aided the bowlers more than the batters. Expect the bowlers to have another good day at the office today.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy with a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 87 percent chance of rain and 94 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Pema Seldon, Rasika Hathadurage, Pavithra Shetty, Ngawang Choden, Ishara Suhun, Dechen Wangmo, Rasangika Herath, Tharanga Gajanayake, Sonam Paldon, Anju Gurung, Tashi Cheki

Match details

Date: June 22, 2022

Time: 11.45AM IST

Venue: UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket YouTube channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 20: Qatar v UAE Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here