Match 16: Hong Kong v Nepal Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 16th match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 21 between Hong Kong and Nepal at the Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Match 16: Hong Kong v Nepal Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Hong Kong and Nepal have played two T20Is against each other. Both the teams have won one match each.

Squads

Hong Kong: Kary Chan (c), Yasmin Daswani (vc, wk), Maryam Bibi, Betty Chan, Hiu Ying Cheung (wk), Mariko Hill, Elysa Hubbard, Emma Lai, Natasha Miles, Bella Poon, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad (wk), Alison Siu, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Nepal: Rubina Chhetry (c), Indu Barma (vc), Apsari Begam, Dolly Bhatta, Mamta Chaudhary, Kabita Joshi, Asmina Karmacharya, Kabita Kunwar, Sita Rana Magar, Jyoti Pandey (wk), Sabnam Rai, Sangita Rai, Bindu Rawal, Kajal Shrestha (wk), Manisha Upadhyaya 

Players to watch

Mariko Hill: 

The all-rounder from Hong Kong had a good outing against Bahrain in the last match. Opening the batting, she scored 19 runs off 16 balls, including four boundaries and with the ball claiming 28/2 in four overs. She is a right-handed batter and a right arm medium pace bowler.

Kary Chan: 

The captain of Hong Kong bagged the player of the match award in her last appearance against Bahrain. She made useful contributions with both bat and ball. She scored an unbeaten 23 off 19 balls and picked up 12/1 in four overs. She is a left-handed batter and a left arm spinner.

Kabita Kunwar: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Nepal won the player of the match in her last match against Bahrain. She opened the bowling and struck with 2/2 in two overs in the rain curtailed affair. She was also the most economical bowler.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Malaysia vs Nepal | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sabnam Rai: 

The right arm off spinner from Nepal scalped 3/2 in two overs in her last outing against Bahrain. She bowled in consistent lines and lengths and yielded rich dividends. Despite the moist conditions, she bowled with control.

Pitch

The last match that was played here yesterday saw more than 200 runs being scored. 11 wickets fell in the process. The team batting second won on the penultimate ball of the match chasing 110 runs. The wicket is expected to offer another exciting contest between bat and ball today.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy with a thunderstorm in parts of the area. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 48 percent chance of rain and 98 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yasmin Daswani, Bindu Rawal, Natasha Miles, Bella Poon, Mariko Hill, Kary Chan, Sita Rana Magar, Rubina Chhetry, Kabita Kunwar, Sabnam Rai, Betty Chan

Match details

Date: June 21, 2022

Time: 11.45AM IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket YouTube channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here