Match 18: Hong Kong v Kuwait Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The 18th match of the 2022 ACC (Asian Cricket Council) Women’s T20 Championship will be played on June 22 between Hong Kong and Kuwait at the UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia.

Match 18: Hong Kong v Kuwait Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Head-to-Head

Hong Kong and Kuwait have played two T20Is against each other and Hong Kong have won both of them.

Squads

Hong Kong: Kary Chan (c), Yasmin Daswani (vc, wk), Maryam Bibi, Betty Chan, Hiu Ying Cheung (wk), Mariko Hill, Elysa Hubbard, Emma Lai, Natasha Miles, Bella Poon, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad (wk), Alison Siu, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Kuwait: Amna Tariq (c), Maryyam Ashraf, Aakriti Bose (wk), Venora D’Souza, Siobhan Gomez, Mariamma Hyder, Maria Jasvi, Zeefa Jilani, Khadija Khalil, Mofida Kocchargi, Glenda Menes, Priyada Murali, Maryam Omar, Balasubramani Shanti

Players to watch

Mariko Hill: The right-handed opening batter of Hong Kong led the run chase from the front in her last outing against Nepal when she muscled 45 runs off 32 balls, including nine boundaries. She lay the perfect foundation for the run chase. Apart from her batting, she bowled her full quota of four overs conceding just 15 runs and bowling one maiden over.

Betty Chan: The right arm off spinner from Hong Kong was the pick of the bowlers in her last appearance against Nepal when she struck with 17/2 in four overs. The wily spinner bowled well in the middle phase of the innings and controlled the flow of runs.

Maryam Omar: The all-rounder from Kuwait won the player of the match award for her useful contributions with both bat and ball in the last match against Bhutan. She scored 46 runs off 53 balls, including four boundaries and claimed 20/1 in four overs. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right arm off spinner.

Also Read:  Match 4: Bahrain v Kuwait | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Amna Tariq: The right arm leg spinner from Kuwait had a good outing with the ball in the last match against Bhutan. She scalped 20/2 in four overs, including 11 dot balls. The captain of Kuwait bowled well in the death overs picking up wickets in the 16th and 19th overs of the match.

Pitch

The last match that was played here yesterday was a low scoring contest as less than 100 runs were scored. 15 wickets fell in the process. The team batting second won the match comfortably chasing 47 runs. The wicket has aided the bowlers more than the batters. Expect the bowlers to have another good day at the office today.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy with a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 87 percent chance of rain and 94 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south-east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Yasmin Daswani, Maryam Omar, Natasha Miles, Siobhan Lee Gomez, mariko Hill, Priyada Murali, Kary Chan, Amna Tariq, Betty Chan, Mariamma Hyder, Iqra Sahar

Match details

Date: June 22, 2022

Time: 8AM IST

Venue: UKM-YSD Cricket Oval, Bangi, Malaysia

Live streaming: Female Cricket YouTube channel 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 4: UAE vs Hong Kong | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here