“I always want to see myself on the top,” says Deepti Sharma

Deepti Sharma, the dynamic all-rounder for the UP Warriorz, currently positions in the number two spot in the ICC world T20I bowling ranking list, ahead of the 2nd edition of the WPL shares her confidence and determination in an exclusive interview with Jio Cinema.

"I always want to see myself on the top," says Deepti Sharma
“I always want to see myself on the top,” says Deepti Sharma

Deepti portrays her thoughts on her achievements in the upcoming Women’s Premier League (WPL) and reflecting on her impressive ranking, Deepti expresses pride and motivation as she always wants to see herself on top, highlighting her endless pursuit of excellence as her preparations for the WPL intensifies.

“I felt good, I always think that I am one of the best like in all-rounder lists or whatever I always want to see myself on the top so when I get a sign like this, I feel good, I feel proud and motivated.”

Deepti mentioned the significant improvements in the team compared to the previous season, right from domestic players stepping up their game and overseas recruits adding depth and skill. Deepti emphasizes the importance of playing to one’s strengths as a strategy that will add to the team’s performance. Later she acknowledges the new addition of the Sri Lankan captain, Chamari Athapaththu to the team, whom she regards as a friend and mentor.

“We are good friends because when we are in a series or something we talk to each other whenever we meet. luckily she is in our team so it feels good to learn a lot because we get very little time only when we get WPL time so as much as possible, we will learn from each other and just enjoy.”

Also Read:  India Women's ODI and T20I Squad for Sri Lanka tour announced

Deepti’s versatility is evident as she discusses her role in the batting order, she shares the challenge of opening the innings in the domestic format and coming down the order for UP Warriorz. She remains adaptable to different situations showcasing her readiness to embrace any batting position. Deepti shares her confidence and familiarity with the Bangalore pitches and the smaller boundary lines providing the team with a strategic advantage, particularly for the batting unit.

“I get batting in terms of the situation. So I stay ready and accept the challenge that I have got in batting.”

In the end, Deepti expresses gratitude for the opportunity to compete in the WPL. With her unwavering determination and commitment to excellence, Deepti Sharma is poised to make a significant impact in the upcoming season of WPL and beyond.

(Information sourced from JioCinema / Sports18)

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here