7th Place Play-Off: USA v UAE | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The seventh place play-off match of the 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier will be played between the USA and UAE on September 25 at the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 4.30 PM IST.

7th Place Play-Off: USA v UAE | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams lost their fifth-place play-off match on September 23. While the USA went down to Papua New Guinea by seven wickets, UAE suffered defeat at the hands of Scotland by 85 runs.

Head-to-Head

The USA and UAE have played one T20I against each other, and the USA won that. 

Squads

USA: Sindhu Sriharsha (c), Bhumika Bhadiraju, Taranum Chopra, Disha Dhingra, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Preeti Iyenger, Mahika Kandanala, Geetika Kodali, Anika Kolan, Snigdha Paul, Lisa Ramjit, Ritu Singh, Yashaditi Teka, Suhani Thadani, Isani Vaghela

UAE: Chaya Mughal (c), Natasha Cherriath, Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Siya Gokhale, Priyanjali Jain (wk), Lavanya Keny, Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Indhuja Nandakumar, Esha Oza, Rinitha Rajith, Rithika Rajith, Theertha Satish (wk), Khushi Sharma

Players to watch

Isani Vaghela: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of the USA top-scored with 17 off 36, including one boundary, in her last outing against Papua New Guinea. She came in to bat in the sixth over and was in the middle until the 18th. She held the innings together from one end while wickets were falling around her.

Suhani Thadani: 

The right-arm speedster of the USA was one of the three wicket-takers for her team in her last appearance against Papua New Guinea. She opened the bowling with Snigdha Paul and struck in her first over. She bowled well with the new ball and was one of the most economical bowlers for the USA. She claimed 7/1 in two overs.

Also Read:  Interview: 14 Year Old Samaira Dharnidharka guides UAE to Global World Cup Qualifiers

Samaira Dharnidharka: 

The right-arm pace sensation of UAE was the pick of the bowlers for her team in the last match against Scotland. She scalped 24/2 in three overs, picking up both the wickets in the 20th over. She bowled well in the middle overs and was effective at the death, with disciplined bowling lines and lengths.

Theertha Satish: 

The left-handed opening batter and wicketkeeper of UAE starred with the bat in her last appearance against Scotland. She mustered 34 off 37, including three boundaries. She provided a steady start to the run chase, stitching a 36-run partnership with her opening partner Esha Oza. She was there in the middle till the 14th over.

Pitch

This will be the ninth match of the tournament at this venue. Out of the eight games, the teams batting first and second have won four each. The average first innings score is 100, and the average second innings score is 90. The wicket is expected to offer an exciting contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny to partly cloudy. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 38 degrees Celsius. There will be 18 percent cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-northwest. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Theertha Satish, Sindhu Sriharsha, Kavisha Egodage, Disha Dhingra, Mahika Kandanala, Esha Oza, Snigdha Paul, Chaya Mughal, Samaira Dharnidharka, Isani Vaghela, Suhani Thadani

Match details

Date: September 25, 2022

Time: 4.30 PM IST

Venue: Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi

Also Read:  Match 4: Scotland v USA | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here