3rd ODI: New Zealand v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The third and the final ODI of the three-match series between New Zealand and West Indies will be played on September 25 at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium in North Sound, Antigua. The game will start at 7 PM IST.

3rd ODI: New Zealand v West Indies Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

New Zealand has taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the series. In the second ODI, batting first, West Indies posted 169/9 in 50 overs. Captain Hayley Matthews top-scored with 46, while for New Zealand, Eden Carson scalped three wickets. In reply, New Zealand overhauled the target in 40.1 overs. Maddy Green starred with the bat, scoring 48, while for West Indies, Karishma Ramharack picked up three wickets.

Head-to-Head

New Zealand and West Indies have played 22 ODIs against each other, out of which New Zealand has won 13, and West Indies have won eight, with one match not producing a result.

Squads

New Zealand: Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Brooke Halliday, Georgia Plimmer, Hayley Jensen, Amelia Kerr, Isabella Gaze (wk), Eden Carson, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

West Indies: Hayley Matthews (c), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle (wk), Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Sheneta Grimond, Chinelle Henry, Kyshona Knight, Natasha McLean, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch

Eden Carson: 

The right-arm off-spinner of New Zealand was the most successful bowler for her team in the second ODI against West Indies. She claimed 31/3 in eight overs, including one maiden. She bowled well in the middle overs and towards the back end of the innings. She exhibited reasonable control over her lines and lengths.

Also Read:  West Indies squad for 3 ODIs and 5 T20Is against New Zealand Announced

Maddy Green: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of New Zealand led the run chase from the front with a stellar 48 off 78 in the second ODI against West Indies. She hit just one boundary, which indicates that she relied more on strike rotation. She came in to bat in the seventh over and was in the middle until the 37th over.

Hayley Matthews: 

The captain of West Indies led from the front as she mustered 46 off 82 in the second ODI against New Zealand. The right-handed middle-order batter smashed a couple of boundaries and ran well between the wickets. Apart from her batting, she bowled eight overs of right-arm off-spin and conceded 30 runs.

Karishma Ramharack: 

The right-arm off-spinner of West Indies was the pick of the bowlers in the second ODI against New Zealand. The wily spinner scalped 22/3 in six overs, including two wickets in the 38th over. She also bowled a maiden over and was the only bowler in her team to do so.

Pitch

This will be the third match of the series at this venue. The teams batting first and second have won one game each. The last match saw 340 runs being scored. 17 wickets fell in the process. Cloudy conditions could assist the bowlers, making it tricky for the batters to score freely.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy. A couple of showers are on the cards, mainly late in the day. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 30 degrees Celsius. There will be 95 percent cloud cover and a 68 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-southeast.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: New Zealand v West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Fantasy Playing XI

Rashada Williams, Stafanie Taylor, Maddy Green, Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Hayley Matthews, Chinelle Henry, Sophie Devine, Eden Carson, Hayley Jensen, Karishma Ramharack 

Match details

Date: September 25, 2022

Time: 7 PM IST

Venue: Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here