Match 8: Ireland v USA | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The eighth 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier match will be played between Ireland and USA on September 19 at the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 8.30 PM IST.

Match 8: Ireland v USA | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both the teams lost their first match of the tournament. While Ireland went down to Bangladesh by 14 runs, the USA suffered defeat at the hands of Scotland by 79 runs.

Head-to-Head

Ireland and the USA have never played against each other. This will be their first T20I.

Squads

Ireland: Laura Delany (c), Rachel Delaney, Georgina Dempsey, Amy Hunter, Shauna Kavanagh, Arlene Kelly, Gaby Lewis, Sophie MacMahon, Jane Maguire, Cara Murray, Leah Paul, Orla Prendergast, Eimear Richardson, Rebecca Stokell, Mary Waldron

USA: Sindhu Sriharsha (c), Bhumika Bhadiraju, Taranum Chopra, Disha Dhingra, Sai Tanmayi Eyyunni, Preeti Iyenger, Mahika Kandanala, Geetika Kodali, Anika Kolan, Snigdha Paul, Lisa Ramjit, Ritu Singh, Yashaditi Teka, Suhani Thadani, Isani Vaghela

Players to watch

Amy Hunter: 

The right-handed opening batter of Ireland provided an excellent start to her team, scoring 33 off 32 against Bangladesh in the last fixture. She hit three boundaries in her innings. However, she was run out against the run of play in the 10th over. She stitched a 45-run partnership with her captain Laura Delany for the third wicket.

Eimear Richardson: 

The right-arm off-spinner of Ireland opened the bowling in her last match against Bangladesh. She claimed 20/1 in four overs. She bowled well with the new ball inside the powerplay. She exhibited reasonable control over her lines and lengths and was the most economical bowler for her side. With the bat, she top-scored with 40 off 26.

Also Read:  Ireland clean sweeps T20I Series against Zimbabwe 5-0

Mahika Kandanala: 

The right-handed opening batter of the USA was the lone batter in the team to score in double digits in the last game against Scotland. She scored 10 off 13, including one boundary. She was there in the middle almost till the end of the powerplay. However, wickets were falling all around her, which did not help the team’s cause.

Bhumika Bhadriraju: 

The right-arm off-spinner of the USA was the most successful for her team in her last outing against Scotland. She accounted for 13/2 in two overs, picking up both the wickets in the ninth over of the innings. The wily spinner bowled well in the middle phase of the innings.

Pitch

This will be the fourth match of the tournament at this venue. Until yesterday, two matches were played, with the third being scheduled early in the day. Out of the two matches played yesterday, teams batting first and second won one game each. The bowlers have enjoyed bowling on this wicket. A total of 27 wickets fell in the two matches yesterday. On the other hand, the batters will have to spend some time in the middle to get their eye in.

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 39 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Sindhu Sriharsha, Amy Hunter, Mahika Kandanala, Rebecca Stokell, Gaby Lewis, Eimear Richardson, Laura Delany, Leah Paul, Bhumika Bhadriraju, Geetika Kodali, Arlene Kelly

Also Read:  Match 3: Bangladesh v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Match details

Date: September 19, 2022

Time: 8.30 PM IST

Venue: Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here