Preview: Match 8- Kuwait vs Nepal Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The eighth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Qualifier 2021 will be played between Kuwait and Nepal on November 25 at the ICC Academy in Dubai. While Kuwait have lost both their matches, Nepal have won one and lost one in the tournament so far.

Match 8- Kuwait vs Nepal Women
Match 8- Kuwait vs Nepal Women

Match preview

Squads

Kuwait: Amna Tariq (c), Shanti Balasubramani, Aakriti Bose (wk), Siobhan Gomez, Aaliya Hussain, Mariamma Hyder, Maria Jasvi, Zeefa Jilani, Khadija Khalil (wk), Glenda Menes, Priyada Murali, Maryam Omar, Venora Shaina, Rida Zainab

Nepal: Rubina Chhetry (c), Indu Barma (vc), Apsari Begam, Karuna Bhandari, Dolly Bhatta, Kabita Joshi, Saraswati Kumari, Kabita Kunwar, Sarita Magar, Sita Magar, Jyoti Pandey, Sangita Rai, Shabnam Rai, Kajal Shrestha (wk)

Players to watch out for

Priyada Murali:

The right hand opening bat of Kuwait top scored for the team in her last outing against Malaysia. The 28-year old plundered 34 runs off 40 balls, including three boundaries. She batted till the 15th over, shouldering the batting responsibility of her team. Kuwait will want her to come out good with the bat in the upcoming match as well.

Mariamma Hyder:

The left arm spinner was one out of the two Kuwait bowlers to pick up wickets in their last encounter against Malaysia. She picked up 1-23 in her four overs, including 11 dot balls. She conceded just one boundary in her disciplined bowling spell. She was consistent with her lines and lengths, not bowling a single wide or a no-ball.

Sita Rana Magar:

The left-arm quick from Nepal was the player of the match in the last fixture that she played against Bhutan. She scalped 3-10 in her four overs, including as many as 16 dot balls. She did not concede a single boundary or an extra in the form of a wide ball or no ball. Apart from her bowling, she contributed with the bat scoring 17 runs off 13 balls, opening the batting.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 4 - UAE vs Hong Kong Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

Indu Barma:

The right-hand opening bat of Nepal top-scored with 18 not out off 24 balls and guided her team to an easy eight-wicket win over Bhutan. With Magar, she stitched a 37-run opening partnership in just 4.2 overs. Nepal will want their opening pair to provide them with a solid start in the upcoming match too.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and pleasant with an average temperature of 29 degrees Celsius. Breeze will blow from the southwest.

Pitch

The wicket looks good for batting. Batters will enjoy themselves batting here. While for the bowlers there is something in it provided they pitch in the right area. Spinners were more successful than the seamers in the last match that was played here.

Match details

Date: November 25, 2021

Time: 11am IST

Venue: ICC Academy, Dubai

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here