Preview: Match 7 – Hong Kong vs Malaysia Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The seventh match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Qualifier 2021 will be played between Hong Kong and Malaysia on November 25 at the ICC Academy Ground 2 in Dubai. Out of the two matches that the teams have played in the tournament, they have won one and lost one.

Match 7 - Hong Kong vs Malaysia Women
Match 7 – Hong Kong vs Malaysia Women

Match preview

Squads

Hong Kong: Kary Chan (c), Maryam Bibi, Betty Chan, Lemon Cheung, Tammy Chu, Yasmin Daswani, Mariko Hill, Emma Lai, Heiley Lui, Natasha Miles, Iqra Sahar, Shanzeen Shahzad, Alison Siu, Ruchitha Venkatesh

Malaysia: Winifred Duraisingam (c), Nik Nur Atiela, Aisya Eleesa, Mas Elysa, Ainna Hamizah Hashim, Elsa Hunter, Mahirah Izzati Ismail, Wan Julia (wk), Nur Arianna Natsya, Nur Natasya Nazira, Amalin Sorfina, Yusrina Yaakop, Noor Hayati Zakaria, Wan Nor Zulaika

Players to watch out for

Kary Chan:

The left arm spinner opened the bowling for Hong Kong in her last match against UAE. She accounted for 3-23 in her four overs, including 13 dot balls. She wrecked havoc with the ball as she set the UAE’s middle order packing. The captain of Hong Kong also contributed 25 runs off 22 balls with the bat.

Natasha Miles:

The right hand top order bat was the leading run getter for Hong Kong in their last fixture against UAE. She muscled 37 runs off 37 balls, including five boundaries. She timed the ball well and played some good looking cricketing shots. She ran well between the wickets too.

Mas Elysa:

She was the player of the match in her last outing against Kuwait. The all-rounder made match winning contributions with both bat and ball. The right hand scored an unbeaten 43 off just 28 balls, including six boundaries. With the ball, the leg spinner scalped 2-12 in her three overs. She bowled well with the new ball inside the powerplay.

Also Read:  Preview: Match 1 – Malaysia vs Bangladesh Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Winifred Duraisingam:

The captain of Malaysia top scored with 44 runs off 40 balls against Kuwait in her last match. The right hand opening bat smashed three boundaries during her innings and was involved in a 44-run partnership with her partner Wan Julia.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and pleasant with an average temperature of 29 degrees Celsius. Breeze will blow from the southwest.

Pitch

The last match that was played at this venue turned out to be a low scoring affair with just 125 runs scored in the game. Batters will have to fight hard to put a decent total on board. On the other hand, bowlers had a good time here, with seamers picking up the majority of the wickets. It will be an interesting contest between bat and ball.

Fantasy playing XI

Wan Julia, Natasha Miles, Mahirah Ismail, Elsa Hunter, Mariko Hill, Betty Chan, Mas Elysa, Winifred Duraisingam, Kary Chan, Iqra Sahar, Arianna Natsya

Match details

Date: November 25, 2021

Time: 11am IST

Venue: ICC Academy Ground 2, Dubai

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here