Preview: Match 9- Bhutan vs UAE Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to watch | Squad

The ninth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Asia Region Qualifier 2021 will be played between Bhutan and UAE on November 25 at the ICC Academy Ground 2 in Dubai. While UAE have won both their matches, Bhutan have won one and lost one in the competition so far.

Match 9- Bhutan vs UAE Women
Match 9- Bhutan vs UAE Women

Match preview

Squads

Bhutan: Yeshey Choden (c), Tashi Cheki, Ngawang Choden, Sonam Choden, Karma Dema, Anju Gurung, Sonam Paldon (wk), Karma Samten, Pema Seldon (wk), Dechen Wangmo, Yeshey Wangmo, Tshering Yangchen, Eva Somsel Yangzom, Tshering Zangmo

UAE: Chaya Mughal (c), Natasha Cherriath, Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Mahika Gaur, Priyanjali Jain, Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Judit Peter, Esha Oza, Theertha Satish, Chamani Seneviratne, Khushi Sharma, Subha Venkataraman

Players to watch out for

Ngawang Choden:

The left hand opening bat top scored for Bhutan in their last match against Nepal. The 15-year old mustered 13 runs off 31 balls, including one boundary. She was also involved in a 30-run opening partnership with her partner Sonam Paldon, who was the only other batter to score in double digits.

Tashi Cheki:

The right arm quick was the lone wicket-taker for Bhutan in their last outing against Nepal. She picked up 1-21 in her 2.3 overs, including eight dot balls. She bowled well in the middle overs, sticking to her basics. Bhutan will want her to provide them with the necessary breakthroughs going into the next match.

Chaya Mughal:

She was the player of the match in her last game against Hong Kong. The captain of UAE scored a run a ball 20, including two boundaries. With the ball, the right arm seamer opened the attack and struck with 2-14 in her three overs. She bowled 10 dot balls and conceded just one boundary in her spell.

Also Read:  K-Man Falcons squad for FairBreak Invitational 2023 Announced

Esha Oza:

The all-rounder made useful contributions with both bat and ball in her last appearance for UAE against Hong Kong. The opening bat scored 22 runs off 28 balls, including three boundaries. She also picked up 2-19 in her three overs. The right arm off spinner bowled five dot balls and did not concede a single boundary.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and pleasant with an average temperature of around 29 degrees Celsius. The breeze will blow from the west-northwest.

Pitch

The wicket may favour the bowlers more than the batters. If a team has to put up a fighting score on board then the batters will have to work hard and spend maximum time at the crease. Bowlers, on the other hand, can make use of the conditions to get the most out of the wicket.

Fantasy playing XI

Sonam Paldon, Kavisha Egodage, Theertha Satish, Ngawang Choden, Chaya Mughal, Esha Oza, Dechen Wangmo, Tshering Zangmo, Karma Samten, Shubha Venkataraman, Tashi Cheki

Match details

Date: November 25, 2021

Time: 3pm IST

Venue: ICC Academy Ground 2, Dubai

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here