Match 13 – Fantasy XI Picks for Bangladesh Women vs West Indies Women

Both Bangladesh and West Indies have secured a win from their respective two games in the ongoing 9th edition of the Women’s T20 World Cup and will take center stage at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah, on the 10th of October 2024, at 7:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST). Fantasy XI fans confused about player selections? We’ve sorted the best options based on statistics and form—let us help you!

Fantasy Playing XI:

Nigar Sultana Joty, Murshida Khatun, Stafanie Taylor, Qiana Joseph, Hayley Matthews, Deandra Dottin, Chinelle Henry, Fahima Khatun, Nahida Akter, Afy Fletcher, Karishma Ramharack

Keeper-batter:

Nigar Sultana Joty

The 27-year-old keeper-batter from 95 T20I outings has amassed 1977 runs, at an average of 26.71, with a strike rate of 90.10, and registered the highest score of 113*, along with 8 fifties. Nigar has been in good form recently, scoring her runs at an average of 36.40 this year, and most notably in the Asia Cup, posting scores of 48*, 62, 32, and 30*. In the World Cup campaign, including the warm-up games, she has departed for 18, 18, and 15, but will look to build on these starts, making her a reliable pick.

Batters:

Murshida Khatun

The 25-year-old opening batter from 49 T20I outings has accumulated 922 runs, at an average of 21.44, and with 6 fifties to her name, has registered the highest score of 80. Murshida has often stepped up with crucial runs, though not consistently. She scored 46 against India at home earlier this year and followed it up with consecutive fifties in the subsequent Asia Cup, scoring 50 and 80. She should be backed to spend time in the middle, anchoring the innings, making her a solid pick.

Stafanie Taylor

The 33-year-old batting all-rounder from 120 T20I outings has amassed 3386 runs, at an average of 35.27, and from 87 innings has taken 98 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 5.66, with bests of 90 and 4/12. Stafanie didn’t feature in the warmup games ahead of this World Cup but scored a composed 44* in their season opener. Though she departed for just 4 in the next outing, the seasoned campaigner will be looking to return to form with the bat, making her a key pick.

Also Read:  Where to Watch Match 8 – Scotland Women vs West Indies Women? Live Streaming Details

Qiana Joseph

The 23-year-old batting all-rounder from 8 T20Is has added 104 runs, with the highest score of 34, and taken 4 wickets, maintaining an economy rate of 5.38. In the 2024 World Cup campaign, Qiana departed for scores of 1 and 36, and in the league games, followed up her score of 4 with a solid 31. With a proven record in domestic T20 competitions, she has already showcased glimpses of her potential, making her a promising pick.

All-rounders:

Hayley Matthews

The 26-year-old all-rounder from 98 T20I outings has amassed 2357 runs, at an average of 25.34, with a strike rate of 112.13, including 13 fifties and two centuries, with the highest score of 132. With the ball, she has claimed 100 wickets from 91 innings, maintaining an economy rate of 5.86, and has four 4-fers, with the best of 4/10. Hayley, despite her purple patch since last year, has struggled to get going with the bat in this campaign so far, but it’s only a matter of time before she fires. Her all-round abilities make her a must-have.

Deandra Dottin

The 33-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 127 outings, has accumulated 2738 runs, at an average of 25.83, with the highest score of 112*, including 2 centuries and 12 half-centuries. With the ball, she has taken 62 wickets from 67 innings, maintaining an economy rate of 6.42, with the best figures of 5/5. Deandra hasn’t bowled much recently, and though she departed for a duck in a warm-up game, she followed up with scores of 13 and an unbeaten 28 in the league games. Her ability to chip in with cameos makes her an essential pick.

Chinelle Henry

The 29-year-old all-rounder from 49 T20I outings has scored 421 runs and, from 38 innings, has taken 19 wickets, with bests of 34 and 3/26. Chinelle started her World Cup campaign with an unbeaten 59 and bowling figures of 1/11. Though she departed for a duck in the season opener, she followed up with a steady 18* in the second game, alongside figures of 1/10. Her ability to contribute with both bat and ball makes her a handy and valuable pick for the Fantasy XI.

Also Read:  “I feel so better prepared," says Marizanne Kapp ahead of Women's T20 World Cup

Fahima Khatun

The 31-year-old all-rounder from 80 T20I outings has taken 52 wickets, with best figures of 4/8, maintaining an economy rate of 5.72. With the bat, she has scored 400 runs from 60 innings. Returning to the national team for the first time since March 2024, she produced figures of 2/32, and her performances in the league games have included returns of 1/21 and 2/15, while remaining unbeaten on 10 and 5. A highly promising all-rounder, her ability to consistently deliver could be key in the Fantasy XI.

Bowlers:

Nahida Akter

The 24-year-old left-arm off-spinner from 88 T20I outings has claimed 102 wickets, with a best of 5/8, maintaining an economy rate of 5.74, and can also contribute with the bat. Continuing her economical and effective form, Nahida recorded bowling figures of 1/14 and 1/23 in the warmup games, followed by 1/19 and 2/23 in the league games. Known for her consistent performances with the ball, she is an essential pick for the Fantasy XI.

Afy Fletcher

The 37-year-old leg-spinner from 81 T20I outings has taken 76 wickets, with a best of 5/13, maintaining an economy rate of 6.00, while also contributing with the bat on occasions. At a career-best average of 11.36, Afy has picked up 19 wickets from 10 outings this year. She followed her figures of 2/36 in a warm-up game with an impressive 3/22 in the second league game. Her knack for breakthroughs makes her a strong pick in the Fantasy XI.

Karishma Ramharack

The 29-year-old off-spinner from 34 T20I innings has taken 26 wickets, with the best of 4/15, maintaining an economy rate of 6.53. Karishma hasn’t had a very successful year in T20Is so far, picking up 8 wickets from 9 outings. In her most recent game, she returned figures of 1/24, following her earlier performance of 0/22. On spin-friendly conditions, she can be a rewarding pick in the Fantasy XI, building on her potential and form.

For more on the upcoming game, click here for the game preview and here for broadcast details.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket