Beth Mooney becomes fastest female cricketer ever to score 3000 T20I Runs

The veteran 30-year-old wicket-keeper batter Beth Mooney, hailing from Victoria is a back-up wicket-keeper for Australia in the presence of Alyssa Healy. However, she’s a frontline keeper on most occasions when she represents other teams at the franchise level.

Beth Mooney. PC: Getty
Beth Mooney. PC: Getty

She made her international debut on 26th January 2016 in a T20I against India. Over the years, she has established herself as one of the dependable batters at the top of the order for her side. She has completed 3,000 runs in the T20I format, with a decent strike rate of 122.78, and an impressive average of 39.50 in 100 innings so far. Her tally of runs includes 23 half-centuries and a couple of centuries.

Beth’s best performance with the bat for her side in the format came on 21st November 2017 against England. She scored an unbeaten 117* (70 balls) against England at Manuka Oval, Canberra. Now surpassing 3000 T20I runs, she is currently the 3rd highest run-scorer for Australia in the format, behind skipper Alyssa Healy and former skipper Meg Lanning.

She has played a vital role in with bat for her side in the ongoing 9th edition of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in the United Arab Emirates, registering scores of 43* and 40 to open her campaign and though departed for 15 and 2 in the subsequent games, she followed up with another important score of 44 in a big match, the semi-final.

Also Read:  "England, on their best day, can beat any team," Kate Cross backs England to win Title

Notably, Beth became the fastest to score 3,000 runs in the T20I format, in terms of the number of innings played:

100 Beth Mooney (Australia)
103 Stafanie Taylor (West Indies)
105 Suzie Bates (New Zealand)
107 Meg Lanning (Australia)

Fastest woman to 3,000 T20I runs in terms of balls faced:

2,321 Alyssa Healy (Australia)
2,443 Beth Mooney (Australia)
2,461 Smriti Mandhana (India)
2,470 Sophie Devine (New Zealand)
2,597 Meg Lanning (Australia)
(Stats credit: Hypocaust)

Australia led by stand-in skipper Tahlia McGrath was up against South Africa led by skipper Laura Wolvaardt in the 1st semi-final of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium. She completed her landmark on the 5th ball of the 16th over of the innings bowled by Chloe Tryon. She is currently the leading run-scorer for her side and the 5th highest run-scorer of the tournament with 144 runs at a strike rate of 107.46 and a sensational average of 36 in five innings for her side.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket