Match 8 – Fantasy XI Picks for West Indies Women vs Scotland Women

The 2024 Women’s T20 World Cup, which got underway on October 3, continues its action in the United Arab Emirates, with West Indies and Scotland set to clash on October 6, 2024, at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, at 7:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST). Fantasy XI fans confused about player selections? We’ve sorted the best options based on statistics and form—let us help you!

Fantasy playing XI:

Sarah Bryce, Shemaine Campbelle, Stafanie Taylor, Qiana Joseph, Kathryn Bryce, Hayley Matthews, Saskia Horley, Katherine Fraser, Rachel Slater, Afy Fletcher, Abtaha Maqsood

Keeper-batters:

Sarah Bryce – The 24-year-old opening-batter from 55 T20Is has accumulated 1256 runs, at an average of 29.90, a strike rate of 107.81, and registered the highest of 72*. Sarah has displayed great form and consistency in this campaign, registering scores of 60* and 24 in the warmup games, and followed it up with a fine 49* in the season opener. She has done justice to her role of anchoring the innings, and continuing to do so, she’ll be amongst the runs, making her a valuable pick in the Fantasy XI.

Shemaine Campbelle

The 31-year-old middle-order batter from 104 innings has posted 1280 runs, with the highest of 47. Shemaine has scored her runs this year at a career-best average of 27.42, accumulating 192 runs from 9 outings, with the highest of 41*. In the first warmup game, she chipped in with crucial 20 runs and followed it up with 17 in the season opener. Known for her maturity and reliability, she is likely to capitalize on her recent starts, making her a dependable option for the Fantasy XI.

Batters:

Stafanie Taylor

The 33-year-old batting all-rounder has accumulated 3382 runs from 119 T20I outings at an impressive average of 35.60, alongside 98 wickets at an economy rate of 5.66. This year, Stafanie has been in exceptional form, averaging 48.66 from 5 outings, her best since 2016. Despite missing the warmup games, she top-scored with an unbeaten 44 in the season opener. With her all-round abilities and recent form, Stafanie remains a consistent and crucial pick for the Fantasy XI.

Also Read:  Match 5: Australia vs Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Qiana Joseph

The 23-year-old all-rounder has scored 73 runs from 7 T20I innings and claimed 4 wickets from 9 outings, with a tidy economy rate of 5.49. While she’s still finding her footing on the international stage, Qiana has impressed in domestic T20 competitions and showed her potential with a solid 36 in one of the warmup games. She offers reliability in both departments and is a strong candidate in the Fantasy XI.

All-rounders:

Kathryn Bryce

The 26-year-old all-rounder has been a key player for Scotland, amassing 1208 runs from 44 T20I innings at an impressive average of 38.96, while also taking 47 wickets from 45 outings with an economy rate of 4.33. Though Kathryn hasn’t registered a big score in this World Cup campaign, her all-round contributions have been crucial, with 5 wickets from 3 games. Her performance with both bat and ball makes her a must-have for any Fantasy XI.

Hayley Matthews

The 26-year-old all-rounder boasts an impressive record with 2349 runs from 97 T20I outings, at a strike rate of 112.77, and 99 wickets from 90 innings at an economy of 5.87. Last year, Hayley had a stellar season, accumulating 700 runs at an average of 63.63 and securing 19 wickets. This year, she continues her form with 323 runs and 8 wickets from 9 games. In top form, Hayley is expected to deliver in all aspects and is an essential pick in the XI.

Saskia Horley

The 24-year-old all-rounder has added 293 runs from 14 T20I outings at a strike rate of 105.77 and claimed 6 wickets from 8 innings. While Saskia had mixed performances in the warmup games, with scores of 48 and 0, she made an impact with 3/13 in the tournament opener. Given her all-round potential, she’s one to back for future performances and can prove to be a game-changer in the Fantasy XI.

Katherine Fraser

The 19-year-old bowling all-rounder has taken 42 wickets from 36 outings at an excellent average of 14.11 and an economy of 5.17. Though Katherine hasn’t contributed much with the bat, her bowling has been impressive, with figures of 1/23 and 1/5 in the warmup games and 1/23 in the season opener. Her ability to provide breakthroughs makes her a solid pick for the Fantasy XI.

Also Read:  "As a team now, we're hoping to recreate that success" - Hayley Matthews

Bowlers:

Rachel Slater

The 22-year-old left-arm pacer has consistently delivered with the ball, claiming 16 wickets from 20 T20I innings at an economy rate of 6.78. This year, Rachel has taken 11 wickets from 7 T20Is, showcasing her ability to strike wickets. Her World Cup campaign has been marked by economical returns of 1/18 (4), 1/22 (3), and 0/13 (2), including the season opener. With her consistent form and economical bowling, she is a rewarding pick for any Fantasy XI.

Afy Fletcher

The 37-year-old leg-spinner has taken 73 wickets from 80 T20I outings at an economy rate of 6.00, with the best of 5/13. This year has been her best in international cricket yet, with 16 wickets from nine matches, including 8 from 3 outings against Sri Lanka. Though Afy had a quiet start to the World Cup, her form in the warmup games and overall consistency suggest she’ll be back among the wickets, making her a must-pick for the XI.

Abtaha Maqsood

The 25-year-old leg-spinner has claimed 54 wickets from 53 T20I outings, with an impressive economy of 5.33. While Abtaha hasn’t taken many wickets in this campaign, she has been very economical, with returns of 2/21 (4), 0/7 (3), and 0/24 (4). Her ability to bowl tight lines makes her a reliable pick, and it’s only a matter of time before she starts adding wickets to her name in this World Cup.

For more on the upcoming game, click here for the game preview and here for broadcast details.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket